Cycling Safety Rules

0bserver

33 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Tell that to those who have been bereaved, or are spending the rest of their life in a wheelchair as a result of an accident with a cyclist. And said cyclist does not have the requisite funds to recompense them.

I am not sure such individuals would be similarly bemused.

My mortgage is paid off but I still insure my house for rebuilding costs. I could say that the risk of my house falling down, exploding or whatever doesn’t justify insurance. I can sleep at night. 

To be so cavalier about other peoples lives and well-being is truly shocking. If as you imply there is little risk then the insurance premiums should be pretty low to reflect that.

This is just so typical of the flippancy and arrogance of cyclists.

Two points of interest here, cyclists cause less than a handful of pedestrian fatalities per year, on average you are more likely to die from a bee sting.  Secondly, you mention insurance, the overwhelming majority of contents policies include public liability insurance, mine is £5m with Churchill.  In addition, my British Cycling Membership provides public liability cover up to £20m.  To disregard all of this is typical of the flippancy and arrogance of people who are bigoted towards cyclists.

https://www.churchill.com/home-insurance/options/home-plus-cover

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/_thirdpartyliability/20150727-_legalsupport-Third-party-liability-insurance--How-does-it-work--0

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Well I've just completed the DoIs survey on road and pavement maintenance! You guys would be horrified at the number of ''Fairly Satisfied' answers I gave!!!! 😃

Of course I gave ''Very Satisfied'' answers to all the questions on provision of Cycle  Paths!!!! Don't want any more do we?

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Tell that to those who have been bereaved, or are spending the rest of their life in a wheelchair as a result of an accident with a cyclist. And said cyclist does not have the requisite funds to recompense them.

I am not sure such individuals would be similarly bemused.

My mortgage is paid off but I still insure my house for rebuilding costs. I could say that the risk of my house falling down, exploding or whatever doesn’t justify insurance. I can sleep at night. 

To be so cavalier about other peoples lives and well-being is truly shocking. If as you imply there is little risk then the insurance premiums should be pretty low to reflect that.

This is just so typical of the flippancy and arrogance of 

Man jumps up and down about statistical non issue 

Meanwhile every 20 minutes in the UK someone is injured by an uninsured driver. 

8 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Don't understand, why would you want to slow cyclists, most motorists want them to go faster surely.

According to some people here and elsewhere, cyclists use the prom and other roads at speeds that would make Peter Hickman look slow. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Tell that to those who have been bereaved, or are spending the rest of their life in a wheelchair as a result of an accident with a cyclist.

Are you one of those DOI shills "It's not a problem until it kills someone"? 

10 hours ago, Meoir Shee said:

Two points of interest here, cyclists cause less than a handful of pedestrian fatalities per year, on average you are more likely to die from a bee sting.  Secondly, you mention insurance, the overwhelming majority of contents policies include public liability insurance, mine is £5m with Churchill.  In addition, my British Cycling Membership provides public liability cover up to £20m.  To disregard all of this is typical of the flippancy and arrogance of people who are bigoted towards cyclists.

https://www.churchill.com/home-insurance/options/home-plus-cover

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/_thirdpartyliability/20150727-_legalsupport-Third-party-liability-insurance--How-does-it-work--0

image.jpeg

Thank you.Perhaps all cyclists should be obliged to join the British Cycling or other organisation which includes public liability cover?

Did I mention I recently wrote a song about cycling? It’s not about cycling here but in Manila, where they have real issues when it comes to cars a d bikes sharing the road. When cycling here it’s actually great to see how courteous car drivers are. Not quite the same over there yet :) 

11 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It’s a long time since I rode a bike.  Probably mid 80s but if I had seen that there is no way it would have slowed me and my mates down.

It would have Ben the exact opposite with people with chalk marking where we touched down and going for records.

F92E5CB7-B48D-490D-8B5E-C0892911F7EB.jpeg

• Haha 1