Quiet Quitting

bozinko

Anyone else quiet quitting, i know i am. So far i am 10% down this year. Wont matter how had i work i will never get that promotion or more money. I am fully aware that this is probably a crap attitude to have but cannot help myself. At work i do just enough not to get in bother. When i first started i took great pride in my work, now i dont. Especially does not help that my boss earns 4 times i do for doing jack shite all day.      And yes i do work for the government...,,,,,,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bozinko said:

Anyone else quiet quitting, i know i am. So far i am 10% down this year. Wont matter how had i work i will never get that promotion or more money. I am fully aware that this is probably a crap attitude to have but cannot help myself. At work i do just enough not to get in bother. When i first started i took great pride in my work, now i dont. Especially does not help that my boss earns 4 times i do for doing jack shite all day.      And yes i do work for the government...,,,,,,

IOM Government has about 8,000 quiet quitters 😂

Most too feckless and greedy to actually leave as then they’ll have to pay into their own pensions and not get a guaranteed pay increase every year even if they do the square root of f**k all for 52 weeks of the year. 

Edited by BriT
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bozinko said:

What would you like to do? 

You have a job from which you'd have to do something absolutely mental to get sacked, probably an index linked pension, regular pay rises?

That's life in the PS I'm afraid, there's no will to sort it out as most of your superiors are out of their depth and don't want things to change! Everyone can't get a promotion without some sort of effort or talent, the public have a right to a decent level of efficient service from the people who they pay. If you don't like it, leave and follow your dreams!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bozinko said:

Become a politician. Try to get nominated for next years Legco elections. You can’t do any worse than those already sitting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There are a good number of people who are anecdotally 'quiet quitting' life on the Isle of Man. 

I know of a few who are searching for opportunities elsewhere (UK and overseas) but haven't quite found what they're looking for yet, so for now they just make do with life on the rock. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just quit and give someone else who does give a damn the opportunities you are shunning.

The problem is that after 6 months literally nobody gives a damn. Any form of motivation, independent thought, or proactivity has been totally sucked out of them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrGarrison said:

The problem is that after 6 months literally nobody gives a damn. Any form of motivation, independent thought, or proactivity has been totally sucked out of them. 

You yourself should give a damn.

I don’t buy into this idea that you can’t do anything because all this stuff has been sucked out of you.

If you’re worth your salt you would get over it. 

I wouldn’t employ someone looking for a job who had this whinging “ poor me “ attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

You yourself should give a damn.

I don’t buy into this idea that you can’t do anything because all this stuff has been sucked out of you.

If you’re worth your salt you would get over it. 

I wouldn’t employ someone looking for a job who had this whinging “ poor me “ attitude.

The voters of Garff don't share your view of employing people with a "poor me" attitude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You’re right, it’s a crap attitude. You’re also wrong, you can help yourself, you’re just choosing not to.

Stop selling yourself out. Grab some dignity, resign and, do something that brings you joy instead even if the ‘benefits’ aren’t so good. 

Find someone to talk to about how you’re feeling. You sound really miserable. 

Sorry, totally not miserable and probably did not word my statement the best.  Was trying to make a point. Badly i think.   Rotten fruit placed next to good fruit will eventually turn it rotten too...  My point being, in the department i work in the level of managment is mind blowingly crap..................... 

Edited by bozinko
not finished

5 hours ago, bozinko said:

Been there done that. Not that I can help, only to sympthise, although after years of misery I did get out.

It's 'golden handcuffs'. (Well, not gold, but handcuffs all the same). I was mortgaged up to the hilt too, which didn't help.

9 minutes ago, bozinko said:

Sorry, totally not miserable and probably did not word my statement the best.  Was trying to make a point. Badly i think.   Rotten fruit placed next to good fruit will eventually turn it rotten too...  

What a sad sack, get a job as a taxi driver, bar manager,  shit compliance officer, hospital radio DJ or fail at running a coffee shop business for a bit then go for MHK then quiet quit all you like, works for most.

• Haha 6