Liz Truss

Max Power

21 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

No people didn't like Boris as he's a serial liar. The guy should never have been prime minister in the first place

There's been worse liars in No.10, I think we all know that. Boris just wasn't a very good liar!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

But the Daily Mail and the baying mob didn't like Boris because he was posh. 

The Daily Mail were incredibly supportive of Boris Johnson and were the last of the MSM to turn on him and even that was tame.

Probably something to do with their editor wanting to be on the honours list...

The problem with Johnson isn't that he is posh.  It's that he is a serial liar and cheat both in his personal and professional life.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah, but he went to a 'party' (a few drinks with people he was already working with in a building) and then told some fibs.  

He went to a party when other common citizens of the country he supposedly ran were being arrested and fined for going to parties or for not staying confined to their own homes for months on end. Then he lied about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

He went to a party when other common citizens of the country he supposedly ran were being arrested and fined for going to parties or for not staying confined to their own homes for months on end. Then he lied about it. 

If it was a strip club with a bunch of random people then yeah I could hop aboard the outrage. 

But it wasn't; it was a few beers with some people that he was already working in the same building with. 

It's a sorry situation that this is the biggest scandal associated with the UK PM in the grand scheme of things and has lead to his ousting and replacement with what appears to be a simpleton (jury's still out for me).  If you think that other politicians don't lie then I'm afraid you're deluded.  It is the industry of lies. 

And before you suggest that I or my family were somehow isolated from the torture of lockdowns, my Grandmother died during the UK lockdown, not from Covid, but very isolated, struggling to receive care and was likely terrified of the hazmat suited people surrounding her.  Then we were unable to travel from the Isle to her funeral.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Phantom said:

If it was a strip club with a bunch of random people then yeah I could hop aboard the outrage. 

But it wasn't; it was a few beers with some people that he was already working in the same building with. 

which happened to be illegal at that time. Plus he lied his back teeth out about it

On 9/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, The Phantom said:

Yeah, but he went to a 'party' (a few drinks with people he was already working with in a building) and then told some fibs.  

He survived attending a party while the rest of the country were shielding, being the first PM convicted of a criminal offence whilst in office and running a chaotic organisation that made lockdown rules then repeatedly broke them. And constantly lying about it. 

As he also survived trying to change the rules so that the Standards Commission finding that Owen Patterson breached lobbying rules could be disregarded. And offering fast track PPE contracts to his mates. And Dominic Cummings’s trip to Barnard Castle. And being fined by the electoral commission for not declaring the donations from Tory donners for the redecoration of his flat (and lying about it). And the resignations of two of his ethics advisers because he ignored them. 

He actually went for appointing a Deputy Chief Whip he described as “handsy” at the time who subsequently resigned after drunkenly groping two people. Then lying about prior knowledge of “Pincher by name Pincher by nature’s” proclivities and sending out his ministers out to lie about it. 

• Like 5

On 9/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, The Phantom said:

Other countries have people like Putin, Trump, Marcos, Mugabe, etc in charge. 

So? So the British should accept liars and lawbreakers too?

On 9/6/2022 at 10:19 AM, The Phantom said:

It's a sorry situation that this is the biggest scandal associated with the UK PM in the grand scheme of things and has lead to his ousting and replacement with what appears to be a simpleton (jury's still out for me).  If you think that other politicians don't lie then I'm afraid you're deluded.  It is the industry of lies. 

Where have you been hiding - the moon or somewhere...?

He made it into number 10 by bare-faced lies and was kept there by sycophancy and shameless self-interest. He only went when a third of his own administration resigned in disgust at his totally flawed character and appalling conduct .

His legacy is a country on its knees heading into more crises than you could shake a stick at...!

Unbelievably it looks like thick-as-mince Truss will be even worse. She told Laura Kuenssberg that if she raised corporation tax to the same level as France then people just wouldn't invest in UK PLC. Unfortunately the European country that's had the most investment over the last three years is....

France!

Sure a lot of it was folks upping sticks and moving across because of the clusterfuck that is brexit but even so...

You're all living in cloud cuckoo land of the Boris hate club. 

You think Politicians are honest?  

Their job isn't mostly lying? 

It's not riddled with nepotism and jobs for mates? 

That what goes on in any Government isn't exactly the same but more likely worse than any industry or large organization?

Boris is to blame for the current global catastrophe that will have all nations on their knees?

Like most political contests nowadays it all comes down to the least worse.  Out of Starmer, Truss or Boris I'm afraid to say he is the least worse.  I think Rishi might have been ok, but he's off to Bel Air now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Where have you been hiding - the moon or somewhere...?

He made it into number 10 by bare-faced lies and was kept there by sycophancy and shameless self-interest. He only went when a third of his own administration resigned in disgust at his totally flawed character and appalling conduct .

His legacy is a country on its knees heading into more crises than you could shake a stick at...!

Unbelievably it looks like thick-as-mince Truss will be even worse. She told Laura Kuenssberg that if she raised corporation tax to the same level as France then people just wouldn't invest in UK PLC. Unfortunately the European country that's had the most investment over the last three years is....

France!

Sure a lot of it was folks upping sticks and moving across because of the clusterfuck that is brexit but even so...

Soon enough you'll have to find another hobby, you might be a tad lost at first but I'm sure you'll find another hate figure in time. 

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Soon enough you'll have to find another hobby, you might be a tad lost at first but I'm sure you'll find another hate figure in time. 

Totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Bozo Johnson is responsible for lowering our standard of living and restricting the opportunities available to our children. You will also find his covid legacy in cemeteries the length and breadth of the UK.

Now none of that may bother you, which is fair enough as you're almost certainly living on the sunlit uplands of your precious brexit.

However here in Reality Land we believe in holding those responsible to account for the shitstorm that the UK is heading into....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Bozo Johnson is responsible for

A) lowering our standard of living and restricting the opportunities available to our children.

B) You will also find his covid legacy in cemeteries the length and breadth of the UK.

C) sunlit uplands of your precious brexit.

No, that would be

A) Putin and the collapse of the global supply chain, partially to do with B)

B) the Chinese Govt re Covid. 

C) The British public voted for Brexit

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

No, that would be

A) Putin and the collapse of the global supply chain, partially to do with B)

B) the Chinese Govt re Covid. 

C) The British public voted for Brexit

Erm..

A) Is the result of a combination of Brexit, Covid, Putins war in the Ukraine and mismanagement by the Tory Party.

B) I assume you have evidence of this?  It sounds like a nice conspiracy theory but the UK Government under Johnson could have done much more to protect the UK and its inhabitants.  Instead they delayed making key decisions,  failed to listen to warnings and allowed hospitals to release patients to care homes without proper precautions. 

C) Having being sold a dream of 'sunlit uplands' by a bunch of charlatans and chancers.  Johnson, so beloved for delivering Brexit, wasn't sure if he was for or against it until he saw a route to power.  Remember he wrote two articles one pro brexit and one anti brexit.

You may not like what PK is saying but Johnson and his Government were inept, deceitful and only looking after their own interests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Back in August an investment analyst said that the only thing keeping the U.K. from being an ’emerging-market economy’ is a currency crisis, says analyst

https://fortune.com/2022/08/09/uk-emerging-market-economy-currency-crisis-inflation-bank-of-england/

Looks like the currency crisis might now have started looking at the Sterling falls yesterday. Only a few years of Brexit to turn us from a G8 nation to an unstable emerging market nation. Well done Boris.