Ridiculous marks of “respect”

Newsdesk

2 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

It should be . Most people are crying poverty and looking for hand outs. It’s only to fill the brewery’s pockets and a few food outlets. I don’t blame her wanting it stopped. 

Why?

'Most' people are not crying poverty and looking for handouts. A lot of people are concerned, but are trying to get on with stuff and cope. 

I am sure HM would be happy that people were trying to do just that, whilst raising a glass to her. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 3

Just now, Manx17 said:

It should be . Most people are crying poverty and looking for hand outs. It’s only to fill the brewery’s pockets and a few food outlets. I don’t blame her wanting it stopped. 

It’s up to all attendees to decide what to do. Presumably the majority still want it to go ahead as they’ve paid for their pitches and would like any business that arises. If some sad Karen doesn’t want to attend then honestly .. fuck the moaning cow there’s clearly plenty of people still happy to go and to operate stalls. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

if people can not stop and show our Queen respect then god help everyone else.

"our" Queen?

Tony Benn once said, "ask the powerful five questions; what power have you got, where did you get it from, in whose interest do you exercise it, to whom are you accountable, how do we get rid of you?"

The day I'll admit to them being my Queen or King is the day I get to vote for them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wavey Davey said:

It’s up to all attendees to decide what to do. Presumably the majority still want it to go ahead as they’ve paid for their pitches and would like any business that arises. If some sad Karen doesn’t want to attend then honestly .. fuck the moaning cow there’s clearly plenty of people still happy to go and to operate stalls. 

It’s the Isle of Man, I’m sure there are a lot of sad Karen’s if that’s what they call fun. 
each to their own. I’m sure they will use the extra bank holiday to nurse their hangover. I say no more.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Manx17 said:

It’s the Isle of Man, I’m sure there are a lot of sad Karen’s if that’s what they call fun. 
each to their own. I’m sure they will use the extra bank holiday to nurse their hangover. I say no more.

Any good reason why they shouldn't?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

"our" Queen?

Tony Benn once said, "ask the powerful five questions; what power have you got, where did you get it from, in whose interest do you exercise it, to whom are you accountable, how do we get rid of you?"

The day I'll admit to them being my Queen or King is the day I get to vote for them.

I would rather the queen or king than those voted in robbing bs down at the wedding cake any day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

So how does that logic work then . So your happy that our government have delayed the discussions regarding help with fuel costs and general issues to help the population because , allegedly , the mourning period .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

What a lovely lighthearted thread this was - for the first half page 😂

Yes a big mistake. It seems a large part of society has had a complete sense of humour bypass. It’s sad that objectively they can’t see how stupid a lot of these things are.  

• Like 1

Just now, Newsdesk said:

Shoprite is closing all day Monday. The Co-op is closing in the daytime if you need food but opening up at 5pm so it can serve all the alcoholics and dope heads with booze and cigarette papers. 

They are all God's children.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Newsdesk said:

Shoprite is closing all day Monday. The Co-op is closing in the daytime if you need food but opening up at 5pm so it can serve all the alcoholics and dope heads with booze and cigarette papers. 

And we will be eternally grateful.

Cheers Mr Corrie

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

So how does that logic work then . So your happy that our government have delayed the discussions regarding help with fuel costs and general issues to help the po

The government are the reason some people can’t afford heating or food. the people buy the gas for those in government to sell on to Manx gas for the people to buy it again. Then act like they doing good by giving hand outs to the poorest whilst they have to listen to people put them down like it’s their fault., it is an Isle of Man problem that has been a problem for years. 
they have not educated the people . Job have been got by who. You know not what you know. They have been collecting money whilst being lazy and not doing what they got paid to do. Whilst collecting fat pensions. I’m Manx but glad I left.

you just have look to what an old minister Cretney wrote tonight about himself and his daughter giving himself and co a pat on the back. But actually a person who wants to help don’t shout about it.

too many do what Simon says anyone who does not do what Simon says or does not agree with Simon watch out. It’s laughable 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1