Jump to content

Please Sir can I have more!!


Banker
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I was actually giving some thought to your circumstances. 

You have said that you earn a three figured salary and that your daughter is academically gifted with the opportunity for very good grades.

You clearly are not a fan of the Islands High Schools so did you ever consider a private education for yoir daughter?  In your position this is something I would certainly have pursued in order to ensure the best education possible.

Well after the lockdowns they should be well experienced in dealing with this...

Remember the teachers are not on strike they are simply working to rule which suggests that the schools are under resourced if they are relying on teachers undertaking additional work.

She is flying at school.  To be honest she hasn’t needed much teaching and we are lucky that she is gifted and extremely driven and self motivated.

90 percent of people I know who went to private school are dicks and she already is at a high level in a couple of sports and music through external activities through some of the superb organisations we have on island outside of the DESC so i really don’t see what she would have gained from going to King Bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

That may as be, I was simply correcting another cuntish falsehood. 

Fair enough, but fact is if teachers here are at the food bank then that is because they can’t manage a budget.  Plenty of people manage on less.

I would actually go as far as to say that anyone on a teachers wage who iis dependant on a food bank doesn’t have the necessary life skills to be teaching our kids.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I would actually go as far as to say that anyone on a teachers wage who iis dependant on a food bank doesn’t have the necessary life skills to be teaching our kids.

Agree with that. If you’re earning £25K a year and eating at the food bank you need to enroll on some sort of course to teach you to manage your finances. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

People on 25k needing foodbanks doesn't seem that outrageous when we have firms raking in billions in profits for years who then apparently need taxpayer bailouts.

Bailouts were offered as the world shut down. Governments shut the world down. It was a political decision. 

Edited by Newsdesk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Fair enough, but fact is if teachers here are at the food bank then that is because they can’t manage a budget.  Plenty of people manage on less.

I would actually go as far as to say that anyone on a teachers wage who iis dependant on a food bank doesn’t have the necessary life skills to be teaching our kids.

The point is, they don't have to try to get by on these uncompetitive salaries. Younger ones are simply leaving - either for better pay and conditions elsewhere, or in to other sectors altogether. A newly qualified teacher switching to accountancy (for example) can expect to earn £45K in five or six years, and far more subsequently. Other professions are equally keen to recruit graduates. And they won't have to put up with the mindless hatred directed at teachers by sad individuals on social media.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

The point is, they don't have to try to get by on these uncompetitive salaries. Younger ones are simply leaving - either for better pay and conditions elsewhere, or in to other sectors altogether. A newly qualified teacher switching to accountancy (for example) can expect to earn £45K in five or six years, and far more subsequently. Other professions are equally keen to recruit graduates. And they won't have to put up with the mindless hatred directed at teachers by sad individuals on social media.

If you've done a good computer science degree, that could easily be your starting salary.

Why would you go into teaching instead?

The UK Government will give you 25k tax free if you go and train as a teacher with a computer science degree, or some other STEM subjects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

The point is, they don't have to try to get by on these uncompetitive salaries. Younger ones are simply leaving - either for better pay and conditions elsewhere, or in to other sectors altogether. A newly qualified teacher switching to accountancy (for example) can expect to earn £45K in five or six years, and far more subsequently. Other professions are equally keen to recruit graduates. And they won't have to put up with the mindless hatred directed at teachers by sad individuals on social media.

You have to work extremely hard & long hours training to be an accountant & very long hours during audit period of 4/5 months. Also you don’t get 13 weeks holidays or an index linked pension 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Banker said:

You have to work extremely hard & long hours training to be an accountant & very long hours during audit period of 4/5 months. Also you don’t get 13 weeks holidays or an index linked pension 

About 17 hours a week of study, while learning on the job and being paid more than a newly qualified teacher who has studied for 4 years racking up thousands in debt? Easy to see why lots more competition now for trainee accountant jobs and a recruitment and retention problem for teachers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...