Jump to content

Prices of eating out


Asthehills
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I actually know one of the chefs there and he is good, works hard and cares about his work. But he's still working his guts out for accompany who care more about money than service.

I think if we are being honest all businesses put money before service 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Sidings, Viking, Leonardos, Falcon, Bay, Byrons, Garrison, Curry Club, Tuscany off the top of my head?

Others not far out Shore, Andreas, Indian in PSM

You do know the brewery have food pubs in the UK?

Over the last several years the Indian in PSM seems to have been suffering from an identity crisis...

You missed the rather excellent Kizuna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

We've had no problems booking for lunch.

Haven't tried for dinner.

I won’t go as the person I spoke to when I tried to book for the evening was basically so arsey like they were doing me a favour allowing me to have a table in 2 weeks time that I won’t go. Pretentious drivel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Sidings, Viking, Leonardos, Falcon, Bay, Byrons, Garrison, Curry Club, Tuscany off the top of my head?

Others not far out Shore, Andreas, Indian in PSM

You do know the brewery have food pubs in the UK?

Don’t think Tuscany will be reopening any time soon. 

Unless Leonardos has changed ownership and chef in the last couple of years I won’t  be bothering again  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

I won’t go as the person I spoke to when I tried to book for the evening was basically so arsey like they were doing me a favour allowing me to have a table in 2 weeks time that I won’t go. Pretentious drivel.

One less booking clogging up the place is fine by us.

It's done out in the usual Japanese minilamist style and there's nothing pretentious about only having the essentials you know. Enjoyed the food as well.

Still, each to their own...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Don’t think Tuscany will be reopening any time soon. 

Unless Leonardos has changed ownership and chef in the last couple of years I won’t  be bothering again  

 

Tuscany will be closed for a long time - Leonardo's lost the plot years ago.

Sidings - lots seem to eat there but it seemed to me more like chippy that serves Bushy's.

Viking reminded me of the old Bed and Breakfast places I went to as a kid and seems closed more often than not.

Garrison - hit and miss with timings when they do serve.

Shore - every other bus goes that way and not late.

Byron's - shut - no staff.

Andreas - about the best down south.  If the busses can be relied on.  Failing that give up.

Limited choice left.

Edited by x-in-man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Garrison - hit and miss with timings when they do serve.

Shore - every other bus goes that way and not late.

Had lunch at the Garrison on Tuesday. A couple of tapas plates, quite enjoyed it. A long time since I've been though, I think they had "bladders" (soft casks?) of real ale last time I was there.

Stayed at the Shore on Monday and Tuesday. Enjoyed the restaurant meals but I find the bar meals a bit too large for me now. I know I don't have to eat it all but I also hate food wastage. 

I thought Castletown and Port Erin seemed quite dead for a Tuesday. Hope it bucks up a bit at weekends but is that enough for businesses to keep going?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eating out has historically (IMHO) been above the going rate: London prices for mediocre output in a geographical backwater.

The significantly increased prices (of a very uninteresting menu) at Franklins in Peel (having taken over from Filbeys) has knocked that establishment off my list.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...