Jump to content

More empty bull****


Wavey Davey
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Obviously most of that is going to go on insulation - which is exactly what a lot of people on MF were calling for.

The insulation idea sounds ok.  But if this isn't a knee jerk response and it was really part of KLBs work they started in march, why is it only being announced today? It will take the usual months to implement, first lot started in Jan or Feb?

My money is on knee jerk reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

The insulation idea sounds ok.  But if this isn't a knee jerk response and it was really part of KLBs work they started in march, why is it only being announced today? It will take the usual months to implement, first lot started in Jan or Feb?

My money is on knee jerk reaction.

It looks like there trying to make amends for the disastrous scheme thats had no people qualifying . Now they have to be seen to be doing something. This scheme seems far more user friendly . Maybe there learning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

The insulation idea sounds ok.  But if this isn't a knee jerk response and it was really part of KLBs work they started in march, why is it only being announced today? It will take the usual months to implement, first lot started in Jan or Feb?

My money is on knee jerk reaction.

Knee jerk is probably an understatement. Another badly thought out cock up on the horizon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

Knee jerk is probably an understatement. Another badly thought out cock up on the horizon

Another scheme that it will take a year to sort out so it will do fuck all for anyone struggling this winter when it’s being presented as something that will help people this winter. Are they the ones that bought all the Rockwool in B&Q today? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Another scheme that it will take a year to sort out so it will do fuck all for anyone struggling this winter when it’s being presented as something that will help people this winter. Are they the ones that bought all the Rockwool in B&Q today? 

You'd like to think they went direct to the supplier, but probably 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2022 at 7:22 AM, asitis said:

A friend of mine wasted time money and effort, trying to use the grant system which ended up a complete cock up !

You would think with the thousands of administrators we have working for us, everything Government touch would be slick !

I was solemnly told by someone high in government that the Green Living Grant (which was thrown together pre-election on direction from Boot at DEFA) was given to DfE to administer "because they were experienced in giving out grants".  Of course anyone who knew anything would realise that (apart from giving money to the Sefton) they were completely useless at such admin and all that would happen would be six months of self-important meetings where nothing was decided, followed by a succession of forms and regulations that didn't work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BriT said:

Has any criteria been published yet on what you need to do to qualify? 

Not that I can see. I’d really like to know what happens to people who have already had an audit under the existing scheme. Do they have to go through another scheme now to get it free? Or will they say well you’ve had an audit done already so here’s the full grant money instead of half the costs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was solemnly told by someone high in government that the Green Living Grant (which was thrown together pre-election on direction from Boot at DEFA) was given to DfE to administer "because they were experienced in giving out grants".  Of course anyone who knew anything would realise that (apart from giving money to the Sefton) they were completely useless at such admin and all that would happen would be six months of self-important meetings where nothing was decided, followed by a succession of forms and regulations that didn't work.

It's hard to believe that any Govt Dept would be more experienced at the distribution of free money than DEFA. Ask the landowning community.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Driver2020 said:

Been there done that.

Yes , done it myself a few times. Nothing like the feeling of putting your foot through a ceiling and the pain as your meat and two veg manages to straddle  a joist . Had more than numbnuts that day .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...