Cannan on Tour

Manx Bean

25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Maybe he's visiting Bahrain to beg for our next £400M bailout?

Perhaps pitch a vast homosexual conversion complex in Jurby where they can send all the Arab gays to get cured? That must be worth a hundred million or so to rid Bahrain of that social problem? 

1 minute ago, Wavey Davey said:

Perhaps pitch a vast homosexual conversion complex in Jurby where they can send all the Arab gays to get cured? That must be worth a hundred million or so to rid Bahrain of that social problem? 

Think the Jurby girls might have something to say about that. No fresh meat of the right inclination 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, war baby said:

Does Jersey fall for this guff?

Regularly. They sent a delegation of 5 including their new lady Chief Minister to visit the late Queen laying in State..all queue jumped which went down like a shit sandwich with the electorate..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Don’t know to be honest. I just saw the job advertised in the courier and thought you’d be dealing with piss heads and problems all the time and they’ll be lucky to get anyone committed. 

Sadly the IOM has an underbelly in society, those with social issues, addictions, those who quite frankly out of control criminal types and those who do not want to be helped and have refused to engage. These types are often in the court reports of the newspaper, either bailed or remanded. Either way it’s the taxpayers left to pick up the pieces, as in some cases, a certain section of society due to their inability to conform to societal norms or conduct themselves in a orderly fashion, are unable to find suitable accommodation. This is due to that persons reputation, no landlord is prepared to take a chance, both for a flat, house or a room within a HMO. That is a reality I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder which "local businesses" have requested him to attend Bahrain, Brussels and South Africa?

So they have influence, that CM Cannan is prepared to go overseas. Are they paying? Is CM Cannan doing their work? If he can work for a selected coterie of local businesses, perhaps IOMG pet suppliers/contractors, perhaps he will address the concerns of hundreds of local businesses which may struggle to survive over the winter. 

Dear Alf 

I was really hoping that you could drop in and have a natter about strengthening the well-known business links between the Isle of Man and Bahrain.

Lots of love

Salman xxx

HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa

Irony may have been used in parts of this post

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cannan-global-business-trips-very-important-to-helping-growth/

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Dear Alf 

I was really hoping that you could drop in and have a natter about strengthening the well-known business links between the Isle of Man and Bahrain.

Lots of love

Salman xxx

HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa

Irony may have been used in parts of this post

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cannan-global-business-trips-very-important-to-helping-growth/

Waffle 

On 9/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Non-Believer said:

I wonder which "local businesses" have requested him to attend Bahrain, Brussels and South Africa?

Lots of SA businesses here and lots of Saffas.  I can see a rationale for him visiting there. 

Bahrain and Brussels though... not so much. 

On 9/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, 2112 said:

CM Cannan isn’t interested. He won’t be interested in South African human rights abuses, or the fact that like the IOM is corrupt. 

If you think there is any level of parity between corruption in SA and the IOM then I'm afraid you're very much mistaken.  The ANC have taken it to Olympic levels, they now have barely functioning infrastructure.  Sure, we bitch about here, but it all works. 

Cape Town literally came within a few days of running out of water a few years ago.   The whole country is subject to 'load shedding' which is a nice way saying of cutting off the power because they can't supply everyone at once. 

They do have good roads though.