Police Training?

NoTailT

Was driving through Ballasalla earlier this afternoon (about 4pm) and noted 4 armed police vehicles on the roundabout in to the Balthane, along with other police vehicles parked outside the Nissan garage. I'm sure there was a sign that said 'Police Training' up.

What confused me more was the presence of the Lt Gov's chauffeur car in the training. I'd suggested in another thread that there was discussion between Lt Gov and Gary about a senior royal visit upcoming and wonder if this was training prep for such...?

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Was driving through Ballasalla earlier this afternoon (about 4pm) and noted 4 armed police vehicles on the roundabout in to the Balthane, along with other police vehicles parked outside the Nissan garage. I'm sure there was a sign that said 'Police Training' up.

What confused me more was the presence of the Lt Gov's chauffeur car in the training. I'd suggested in another thread that there was discussion between Lt Gov and Gary about a senior royal visit upcoming and wonder if this was training prep for such...?

The Gov loves a good afternoon out. He does all kinds of mad shit. Goofing about with police ARV would be right up his street.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The Gov loves a good afternoon out. He does all kinds of mad shit. Goofing about with police ARV would be right up his street.

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him 

Yeah he's alright really. 

We have no need for the role. It's pointless. 

But as a human he's alright. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Defo planning for Big Ears visit. 

3 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Defo planning for Big Ears visit. 

Well they're visiting Dunfermline next week to give them their special City Proficiency Certificate[1], so it's possible that a similar handover is planned in the next few months.  Though it's equally possible that the well-known architecture critic will take one look at the place and scratch through the name and write "Peel".

[1]  Dunfermline has an ancient royal heritage and twice the population of Douglas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Yeah he's alright really. 

We have no need for the role. It's pointless. 

But as a human he's alright. 

Who, even nominally, oversees the various Crown Appointments? And would you do away with those Crown Appointments?

16 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him .

He actually called round to my Dad's for tea a few weeks ago after they met at some function and discovered they'd deployed somewhere Arabic together in the 70s. 

Dad was well chuffed, he loves that aristocracy/diplomat stuff. 

• Like 4