Jump to content

Police Training?


NoTailT
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was driving through Ballasalla earlier this afternoon (about 4pm) and noted 4 armed police vehicles on the roundabout in to the Balthane, along with other police vehicles parked outside the Nissan garage. I'm sure there was a sign that said 'Police Training' up.

What confused me more was the presence of the Lt Gov's chauffeur car in the training. I'd suggested in another thread that there was discussion between Lt Gov and Gary about a senior royal visit upcoming and wonder if this was training prep for such...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Was driving through Ballasalla earlier this afternoon (about 4pm) and noted 4 armed police vehicles on the roundabout in to the Balthane, along with other police vehicles parked outside the Nissan garage. I'm sure there was a sign that said 'Police Training' up.

What confused me more was the presence of the Lt Gov's chauffeur car in the training. I'd suggested in another thread that there was discussion between Lt Gov and Gary about a senior royal visit upcoming and wonder if this was training prep for such...?

The Gov loves a good afternoon out. He does all kinds of mad shit. Goofing about with police ARV would be right up his street.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The Gov loves a good afternoon out. He does all kinds of mad shit. Goofing about with police ARV would be right up his street.

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him 

Yeah he's alright really. 

We have no need for the role. It's pointless. 

But as a human he's alright. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Was driving through Ballasalla earlier this afternoon (about 4pm) and noted 4 armed police vehicles on the roundabout in to the Balthane, along with other police vehicles parked outside the Nissan garage. I'm sure there was a sign that said 'Police Training' up.

What confused me more was the presence of the Lt Gov's chauffeur car in the training. I'd suggested in another thread that there was discussion between Lt Gov and Gary about a senior royal visit upcoming and wonder if this was training prep for such...?

Defo planning for Big Ears visit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Defo planning for Big Ears visit. 

Well they're visiting Dunfermline next week to give them their special City Proficiency Certificate[1], so it's possible that a similar handover is planned in the next few months.  Though it's equally possible that the well-known architecture critic will take one look at the place and scratch through the name and write "Peel".

 

[1]  Dunfermline has an ancient royal heritage and twice the population of Douglas. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Yeah he's alright really. 

We have no need for the role. It's pointless. 

But as a human he's alright. 

 

Who, even nominally, oversees the various Crown Appointments? And would you do away with those Crown Appointments?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I actually like this Governor. He's been far more active and engaged with life on the IOM than previous ones. He's also seemingly up for anything. Fair play to him .

He actually called round to my Dad's for tea a few weeks ago after they met at some function and discovered they'd deployed somewhere Arabic together in the 70s. 

Dad was well chuffed, he loves that aristocracy/diplomat stuff. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...