Disabled facilities

John Wright

Why is this ‘disabled facilities’? I don’t see a handrail or other support next to the toliet? Whereas a row of stand-up urinals is commonplace (perhaps our female readers didn’t realise that), toilet-bowls usually sit in individual cubicles. This just seems odd, rather than discriminatory. 

• Like 1

It was being refurbished. The cubicle door and side panel were removed. You can see one of the brackets on the wall between the pan and urinal. New ones are now in place.

However it’s quite usual to find the accessible loo inaccessible, or functionally unusable because it’s being used as a store.

I just thought it was amusing. 

Anyway, the facility was, temporarily, disabled.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 7:19 AM, 2112 said:

Why are we criticising the OP? Let’s face it, some contributors on here have set up some terrible discussions. It may not be wholly Manx but it’s something which affects everyone.

I think I can safely say urinals will never affect me.

Flippancy aside, that is a weird set up, unless you need some help with your crossword. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think I can safely say urinals will never affect me.

Flippancy aside, that is a weird set up, unless you need some help with your crossword. 

You’d be affected if you sat on that WC and a pre op trans MTF came in and used the urinal.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You’d be affected if you sat on that WC and a pre op trans MTF came in and used the urinal.

Why would I go into a gents?  Or is it the point that it was just labelled as a disabled facility?