Evri

Hillside

Yes, but why would you?   You’d want it to get there - right?  

(- you turned on your computer and bypassed  Google to post to MF (local news) for sensible answers, I thought people used Facebooks for that). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hillside said:

Is it possible to send packages from IOM to UK with Evri?

Theoretically, it is, of course. All online and as straightforward as you could hope for.

But the actual pick-up and delivery.....well.

I work and  live in Douglas, on an easily accessible road, there is someone in the office or at home all day.

I have had over a dozen times when Evri/Hermes have not picked up on the arranged day. Each time the onus being on me to re-arrange a new pick up. ie they have not contacted me for a reschedule. 

"Oh, sorry, your parcel was not on the manifest" is an excuse I have been given by Hermes/Evri on a number of occasions. Once. twice, three times etc

My recipients will only take so many passed on excuses. I have lost custom, business and reputation through the failure of Evri/Hermes to pick-up and/or deliver

Evri/Hermes is non-contactable on the Island (although there is someone on Facebook trying to hold the fort). Evri/Hermes phone line is automated hell. Expect to be cut-off abruptly if you don't tell them exactly what they expect eg if you don't have a current delivery number.

Evri/Hermes has no drop-off point on Isle of Man. So you are stuck with Hermes/Evri pick-up. And that is likely to be Hermes/Evri pick-up hell, wasted days, wasted money, hassle and heartaches. Cubed.

Evri/Hermes allows you to send International via their website, and when the parcel is not picked up they say they don't do International. As if it is your fault.

I am in my right to call Evri/Hermes absolute shite. I can back that opinion up with emails and recorded telephone calls.

Isle of Man Post Office is more expensive but it is RELIABLE. Isle of Man Post Office do not tell you lies and fob you off.

It's a great shame. When Hermes started off over here they were great. 

Edited by AOR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AOR said:

Theoretically, it is, of course. All online and as straightforward as you could hope for.

But the actual pick-up and delivery.....well.

I work and  live in Douglas, on an easily accessible road, there is someone in the office or at home all day.

I have had over a dozen times when Evri/Hermes have not picked up on the arranged day. Each time the onus being on me to re-arrange a new pick up. ie they have not contacted me for a reschedule. 

"Oh, sorry, your parcel was not on the manifest" is an excuse I have been given by Hermes/Evri on a number of occasions. Once. twice, three times etc

My recipients will only take so many passed on excuses. I have lost custom, business and reputation through the failure of Evri/Hermes to pick-up and/or deliver

Evri/Hermes is non-contactable on the Island (although there is someone on Facebook trying to hold the fort). Evri/Hermes phone line is automated hell. Expect to be cut-off abruptly if you don't tell them exactly what they expect eg if you don't have a current delivery number.

Evri/Hermes has no drop-off point on Isle of Man. So you are stuck with Hermes/Evri pick-up. And that is likely to be Hermes/Evri pick-up hell, wasted days, wasted money, hassle and heartaches. Cubed.

Evri/Hermes allows you to send International via their website, and when the parcel is not picked up they say they don't do International. As if it is your fault.

I am in my right to call Evri/Hermes absolute shite. I can back that opinion up with emails and recorded telephone calls.

Isle of Man Post Office is more expensive but it is RELIABLE. Isle of Man Post Office do not tell you lies and fob you off.

It's a great shame. When Hermes started off over here they were great. 

I thought Hermes/Evri used Manx Independent for their hub

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Can't you deliver a parcel directly to the hub and cut out all the nonsense?

Don’t think so as MIC wouldn’t want to do paperwork & take responsibility for it, as far as I know there’s no EVRI staff based at MIC as they’re all self employed 

• Like 1

With Evri/Hermes there is no option on the Isle of Man but to pay for and have a pick-up. 

I wouldn't risk dropping anything off at Manx Independent Carriers. They do carry Hermes/Evri, but do not officially receive their parcels as a delivery point for the public.

It would solve a lot of problems if they did. I would then never pay for the elusive pick-up and happily waste 45 minutes of my time rather than waster 3* days (or more) waiting for the driver to pick-up.

ETA

* at least half a day writing emails, that had replies from different people, and despite explaining the situation in previous emails (I should not have had to do this, the situation was quite plain and straightforward and on record with Evri), having to relate it again. Such frustrations have happened on a number of occasions. The last two times I thought the change of name from Hermes to Evri might make a difference and maybe they had learnt simple logistics. 

The phrase -  “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” springs to mind. 

ETA:

I have to admit, I have had no real problems with Isle of Man Post Office/Royal Mail, but late deliveries to the Island aside (that's another story see elsewhere on forum), this has been about 0.1 % a couple of parcel went astray, out of 1000s. Post Office customer services compensated that in a couple of days.

Hermes/Evri I would say 30-50%. And they were big hassles when they happened

Please excuse the candidate for TLDR, but I wanted to log this somewhere.

Edited by AOR

On 9/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, Banker said:

Yes but probably won’t get there!

I use them regularly and have never had a problem with either shipping or delivery here.

In terms of tardiness look no further than RM.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Thanks 1