DESC has no policy for student Furbies

Gladys

There were furries when I was at school. Usually they were in a matchbox and were called mice .. 

Sorry but whats the world coming too. I really have no issues with those people who like to dress up as cats/ dogs etc but they dont think they are a cat...they just like dressing from time to time. I have spoken to one of them and shes cool and does loads for charity if she can . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I find that less than reassuring.  

Exactly that could easily be a 14 or 15 year old in a sexualised costume. It’s hard to know for some people associated with the scene where self identification, a hobby, or a sexual perversion cross over. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BriT said:

Exactly that could easily be a 14 or 15 year old in a sexualised costume. It’s hard to know for some people associated with the scene where self identification, a hobby, or a sexual perversion cross over. 

According to the website the picture is hosted on she's 25.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I brought this subject up on here months ago after a CRHS parent told me about it. I was shouted down by some and told it was nonsense! 

I'd heard the same story too from a very reliable source but posters on here were getting flamed for mentioning it and were told that it was inaccurate reporting.

This island is going mad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

According to the website the picture is hosted on she's 25.

Still not reassuring, sexualising what is an infantile cartoon type character by dressing as a fantasy schoolgirl.  Doesn't matter about the age, its how it presents. 

It's like the Japanese cartoon characters that are personified by very young girls and adored by Japanese men.  

I am not a prude, but I find sexualising stuff  that is really all about kids (the cartoon character and the portrayal as a schoolgirl) disturbing.  I wonder if it recognised on the Copine scale. 

I don't find the full dress up as a cartoon cat quite so bothering really.

• Like 7

@Gladys  -  I agree with you 100% re the apparent sexualising of all this and the way it presents.  As you say, that earlier image is clearly intended to (and does) present as a male fantasy image of a schoolgirl.

I find it quite disturbing...  Even more so when teachers and DESC don't find it disturbing.

(Re schoolkids id'ing as animals, I'd have thought that was an obvious pisstake by the kids - if it happens at all)

[Edit: I've just mentioned this to my wife who's a former chair of school governors at a local school.  She just laughed and said if it has happened it is just the kids taking the piss out of adults who should have more sense.]

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Very disappointed that this thread is about furries and not furbies.

I thought furbies were now starting to demand a proper education rather than being brought into school where students would try and teach them to swear.

My bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Still not reassuring, sexualising what is an infantile cartoon type character by dressing as a fantasy schoolgirl.  Doesn't matter about the age, its how it presents. 

It's like the Japanese cartoon characters that are personified by very young girls and adored by Japanese men.  

I am not a prude, but I find sexualising stuff  that is really all about kids (the cartoon character and the portrayal as a schoolgirl) disturbing.  I wonder if it recognised on the Copine scale. 

I don't find the full dress up as a cartoon cat quite so bothering really.

I don't disagree, but this is just one example of such a thing - it's everywhere. The worst one imo was the My Little Pony stuff, because that was expressly for kids but a load of weird internet virgins made it a sex thing. Gross.

• Like 1