DESC has no policy for student Furbies

Gladys

37 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

And this is part of the problem of why there's such a long wait, everything seems to get put down as a mental health issue. Most of the time it's just kids being kids.

Given the threat of litigation referred to,  I would have thought that a proper psychological assessment would be in everyone's interests. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Given the threat of litigation referred to,  I would have thought that a proper psychological assessment would be in everyone's interests. 

An assessment for someone who pretends to be a cat? No they just need to be told you're not a cat grow up. As I've said everything seems to get tarred with mental health when all it needs is adults to act like adults and stop pandering to children. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

An assessment for someone who pretends to be a cat? No they just need to be told you're not a cat grow up. As I've said everything seems to get tarred with mental health when all it needs is adults to act like adults and stop pandering to children. 

Well, except that if litigation is the risk then it's the parents who are being pandered to, not the kid.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Well, except that if litigation is the risk then it's the parents who are being pandered to, not the kid.

Well if the parents are that concerned they can get off their arse and get it sorted instead of expecting school/social services to sort it for them

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Declan said:

Ahh the good old days of school approved bullying!

Aren’t Furries basically like Goths were? They frightened parents and teachers but all the ones I knew are now well educated and in responsible jobs. 

I was going to say modern goths too! The reformed ones probably massively regret that phase.

I miss goths a little bit.

5 hours ago, The Bastard said:

I think pretending to be a cat is pretty odd, but it doesn't give license to a lifetime of harassment.

I still know a guy and all I can remember about him at school is that he once shat himself in PE when he was about 10. He still gets the piss taken out of him for is 30 years later. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Well if the parents are that concerned they can get off their arse and get it sorted instead of expecting school/social services to sort it for them

Eh? Based on the comments about it prior the parents aren't concerned about the kid, the concern is on the schools side that the parents might get litigious if the school doesn't accommodate.

Could be rubbish though because it's just the Manx rumours reported in this thread.

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

The problem is if the school says stop it, then Tiddles moans at home, the parents may say the school is being oppressive and not understanding the emotional needs, rather than about time Tiddles woke up to reality.   But if Tiddles is accommodated at home they will expect the same at school, if the school says it needs a psychological assessment, then it has some weight.  Whether it's a piss take or a genuine mental health thing, the school can react depending on the outcome and their position is clearer and protected.