DESC has no policy for student Furbies

Gladys

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I still know a guy and all I can remember about him at school is that he once shat himself in PE when he was about 10. He still gets the piss taken out of him for is 30 years later. 

3 hours ago, quilp said:

By you..? 

I know, it's sad isn't it!

I can remember a poor lad who didn't quite make it to the outdoor toilets at Tynwald St infants. Every time I see him to this day, in my mind's eye I can see him bawling his head off with his crap filled underpants around his ankles! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

The child in question is very vulnerable, she isn’t doing this out of ego. Compassion is needed not condemnation.

If that is the case, then she needs support.  Is she getting that?

I don't think anyone has any criticism if it is a real issue, just that if it is why is it getting airtime?

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Attention seeking. Someone is probably enjoying the airtime, could be the parent, could be the young lady, her friends, completely unrelated but interested parties...

It would seem to be MR who say they asked the question of DESC, whether it was the FOI is not clear.  Perhaps one of the southern MHKs gave them the nod. 

• Like 1

Some of the comments on here would be very upsetting if read by the parent or the child themselves.

The problem is that again the schools are ridiculously underfunded and undertrained for something like this.

Young people have never been so vulnerable and there are very few staff allocated specifically for student welfare.

Edited by Bill1977
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

Some of the comments on here would be very upsetting if read by the parent or the child themselves.

The problem is that again the schools are ridiculously underfunded and undertrained for something like this.

Young people have never been so vulnerable and there are very few staff allocated specifically for student welfare.

I am glad you edited that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill1977 said:

I’m sure I’d be protective if my child has mental health issues like this if I read similar comments but it is what it is. Why do schools need to be funded to deal with crap like this? It’s an issue for social services or mental health services and that’s basically it. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m sure I’d be protective if my child has mental health issues like this if I read similar comments but it is what it is. Why do schools need to be funded to deal with crap like this? It’s an issue for social services or mental health services and that’s basically it. 

I suppose the question is what action should the school be taking? If the kid is just wearing cat-ear hairbands (which there are lots of) and hissing at people when they get mad then what's the school supposed to do about it? Just crack on and teach lessons would be my suggestion...

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I suppose the question is what action should the school be taking? If the kid is just wearing cat-ear hairbands (which there are lots of) and hissing at people when they get mad then what's the school supposed to do about it? 

If it was me get them excluded as you should with any constantly disruptive pupil. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Sorry you said constantly hissing at people when mad. Is that not being disruptive then? 

I didn't say constantly. It was also just a suggestion of what might be happening. Disruptive pupils are presumably dealt with regardless of the style of disruption.

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I suppose the question is what action should the school be taking? If the kid is just wearing cat-ear hairbands (which there are lots of) and hissing at people when they get mad then what's the school supposed to do about it? Just crack on and teach lessons would be my suggestion...

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

You presented it as fact. Go back and read your post. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1