DESC has no policy for student Furbies

Gladys

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

The only person it helps is you. It doesn’t help at all you presented something as fact then argued that it wasn’t fact when you got an answer you couldn’t wriggle out of. 

???

For the avoidance of doubt, I presented it as a possible situation. You can argue about that if you like but there's not really any point. My point was what should the school do? If kids are disruptive they're presumably dealt with no matter what the reason for the disruption is. This story is much ado about nothing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh no now it’s tweedle dumb appearing now tweedle dee has dug a hole. 

"Dug a hole"? Not everything has to be some sort of strange competition. It was just a hypothetical question is all. No need to get so worked up.

• Haha 1

Just now, HeliX said:

You can argue about that if you like but there's not really any point.

No there is a clear point. Which is that you presented something suggesting it as a fact. The only person me not arguing that point helps is you who was in the wrong. When will Tweedle dumb be back on back you up? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No there is a clear point. Which is that you presented something suggesting it as a fact. The only person me not arguing that point helps is you who was in the wrong. When will Tweedle dumb be back on back you up? 

I literally didn't but I also don't care and it's not the point. So if it makes you feel happier let's say I did present it as fact, and was wrong, and my question is still what should a school that already deals with disruptive pupils do about it?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bill1977 said:

Some of the comments on here would be very upsetting if read by the parent or the child themselves.

The problem is that again the schools are ridiculously underfunded and undertrained for something like this.

Young people have never been so vulnerable and there are very few staff allocated specifically for student welfare.

Well if the kid and more importantly the parents found the comments upsetting then there's no real hope for them. Decent parents would be telling the kids to grow up and not pander to them. If my kids came home saying they were cats they would be laughed at. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

If my kids came home saying they were cats they would be laughed at. 

Most people I know would be the same. I saw something on Twitter that the parents might be from the US and the school might be concerned about potential litigation. It’s still no real excuse for not telling someone to take a fuck off tablet and grow up. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Something for you to get really angry at...

Firstly I’m most certainly not angry. Secondly why would that make me or anyone else angry? I genuinely think it’s funny that a legitimate teaching authority lets someone who is either 1. Seriously mentally ill or 2. Some sort of weird sexual fetishist teach school children dressed up like that. What aspect of that can’t you laugh at? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I genuinely think it’s funny that a legitimate teaching authority lets someone who is either 1. Seriously mentally ill or 2. Some sort of weird sexual fetishist teach school children dressed up like that. What aspect of that can’t you laugh at? 

Definitely very odd. Hi kids here’s your new maths teacher. Yes he is a pervert who likes to dress up as a puppy. No you can’t take the piss out of him and have to treat him with respect. Good luck with your exams! 

• Like 1