Mystery solved

hissingsid

The case of the dumped LFTs has been solved, three individuals are up for illegally obtaining them, they were being paid £1 a go for delivering them and one has been accused of watching nasty stuff.    That took a long time to come to light.   I would have thought it would have been hard to cover the petrol money for anyone who was employed to do this as a job.

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

The key to a good Covid crime is to go big. Rip off a government for a ~£30bn track and trace system that doesn't work - you'll get away with it. 

Rip off a government for a few cheap LFTs and you'll be in court. 

Not her first rodeo though.  Even if this turns out to be a minor misdemeanour I for one am glad they have taken the opportunity to deal with her.

• Like 1

Maybe some sort of background check or DBS might have prevented this nonsense. Now even more tax payer money wasted investigating this farce. Only silver lining is catching a nonce by accident. Not heard much about recovering misclaimed support payments either. Pretty soon Government will need a new HQ as the rugs will be almost touching the ceiling.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The case of the dumped LFTs has been solved, three individuals are up for illegally obtaining them, they were being paid £1 a go for delivering them and one has been accused of watching nasty stuff.    That took a long time to come to light.   I would have thought it would have been hard to cover the petrol money for anyone who was employed to do this as a job.

I think what is being alleged is that the accused were contracted to deliver packs of LFT tests at £1 a time.  So they made lots of fake orders to be 'delivered' to other peoples' addresses, claimed the delivery fees and didn't deliver.  As the 'recipients' hadn't ordered the tests they didn't complain about the non-arrival.

The only petrol used was to collect the tests and take them to the dump.  Where unfortunately for them the tests were spotted.  So not really the perfect crime.