Garff commissioners office closed for week

Banker

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Seems a bit OTT to close for a week, don’t you have a month to reply to data requests?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/garff-commissioners-office-closed/

I suppose it's more a case of how many staff hours it takes to find the data. If there's a week's work that might not be squeezable into a month's working hours. 

I wonder what the request is for. Garff can't have that much data.

56 minutes ago, Declan said:

I suppose it's more a case of how many staff hours it takes to find the data. If there's a week's work that might not be squeezable into a month's working hours. 

I wonder what the request is for. Garff can't have that much data.

Seems to me that this isn’t a FOI request but a DSAR so it’s not about a topic it’s about an individual. Therefore it’s about digging out all letters, emails, minutes public and private and any other notes which are relevant and then redacting any other names, privileged information or things which an FOI would remove. My guess a long-standing and pissed off Commissioner

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Seems to me that this isn’t a FOI request but a DSAR so it’s not about a topic it’s about an individual. Therefore it’s about digging out all letters, emails, minutes public and private and any other notes which are relevant and then redacting any other names, privileged information or things which an FOI would remove. My guess a long-standing and pissed off Commissioner

That was my initial guess as well, but it might be employment related instead.  If it is linked to such a dispute then they are supposed to search everything and it can produce a lot (look at the Ranson one).  Of course Garff Commissioners only exists from 2016, so if the SAR is back to 2008, one of the predecessor authorities will be involved and there will have to be a lot of dragging stuff out of the archives.

They are posting the new Laxey promenade look, there was nothing wrong with the old one but at least they have had the pleasure of spending a load of money that was not theirs.    If they had been been paying for this transformation out of their own pockets which does not look any better than the old look it would never have happened and now they will have to pay out to have it cleaned daily  a job that used to be done by the cafe owner free.  Pathetic lot that should be removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, english zloty said:

Probably Oswald Mosley having his revenge after the meeting called earlier this year. They clearly want to advertise what they’re doing by making a public statement about having to close. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

True fact, I went to school with Oswald Mosley's granddaughter.  She was a lovely girl and, even then, could not shake off the legacy of her grandfather. 

Was she Irish by any chance? 

I used to know an Irish girl who was related to Oswald Mosley but I’m not sure of the nature of the relationship. But it didn’t seem to bother her that much.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

She was a lovely girl and, even then, could not shake off the legacy of her grandfather. 

Well Laxeys Oswald Mosley seems to not be that bothered about his legacy either. I’d be fairly confident betting it’s him who has swamped them with a DSAR. He’s been dying to know who convened the emergency meeting earlier in the year that caused him so much inconvenience. 

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well Laxeys Oswald Mosley seems to not be that bothered about his legacy either. I’d be fairly confident betting it’s him who has swamped them with a DSAR. He’s been dying to know who convened the emergency meeting earlier in the year that caused him so much inconvenience. 

That makes no sense.  He'd only need to request one document - the requisition request.  It's not going to take a week to discover that.  And I'm fairly certain that that requisition requests are public documents anyway - they always used to be published in the paper with the full list of names.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That makes no sense.  He'd only need to request one document - the requisition request.  It's not going to take a week to discover that.  And I'm fairly certain that that requisition requests are public documents anyway - they always used to be published in the paper with the full list of names.

DSARS are great. You don’t have to give away your agenda. You just have to demand every document that’s ever referred to you in the possession of the subject. 

• Like 2