Garff commissioners office closed for week

Banker

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

True fact, I went to school with Oswald Mosley's granddaughter.  She was a lovely girl and, even then, could not shake off the legacy of her grandfather. 

Well now you mention it I hung around with Albert Pierrepont's great-grand-daughter for a while one glorious summer. Lovely woman, but my Ma, being a bit superstitious, wasn't too pleased about it. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I see what you did there Q.

Was that one of Max's kids that you went to school with Gladys ?  

Not sure which was her father, but she had the Mosley name.   It was at Primary School and I remember that when she was introduced to the class, the head teacher just asked her if her grandfather was OM and she said he was. To a bunch of 9 year olds, we had no idea who OM was but we got the feeling it was significant.  

Not sure how long her family stayed on the island.  She was a nice but quiet child. 

10 hours ago, quilp said:

Well now you mention it I hung around with Albert Pierrepont's great-grand-daughter for a while one glorious summer. Lovely woman, but my Ma, being a bit superstitious, wasn't too pleased about it. 

Surely you mean you hanged around with her?

Interesting character was Albert, read his biography years ago. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, quilp said:

I went to school with Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin. My mother wasn't bothered😎

• Haha 1