School Teachers... Your Memories...

Last Ten

Do you remember Benny Ball from Balla that had a fetish for smacking pupils backsides with a slipper with your name chalked on the sole of the slipper! He was a sadistic person :angry:

Also do you remember Mrs. Hooker the history teacher from Balla who was flippin mad?

Then there was Mrs. Scathard who allegedly is now a witch :ph34r:

Mrs Last Ten has reminded me of Dotty Duggan the RE teacher and Miss Sissons the cookery teacher who was a complete b***h??????

Your turn :P

LT

Do you remember Benny Ball from Balla that had a fetish for smacking pupils backsides with a slipper with your name chalked on the sole of the slipper!  He was a sadistic person :angry:

Also do you remember Mrs. Hooker the history teacher from Balla who was flippin mad?

Unfortunately I don't remember any of them - maybe before or after my time? I was at Ninian's '92-'97 and Ballak '97-'99. Now, who were the most interesting teachers?

- Mr Clarke (SNHS) the same guy mentioned before who never taught but liked to play Atlantic 252 the entire lesson in silence. Nice chappie!

- Mr Simpson (SNHS) he was a RE teacher for a year or two when I was at Park Road. He had no clue about teaching at all. Once the students managed to lock him in the classroom and refused to let him out. He was crying. Pretty sad now I think about it - I teach English now so I hope this never happens to me!

- Mr ?? (BHS) he was a Geology teacher with great dreadlocks. I have forgotten his name but he was brilliant - he used to let us smoke outside the gates and sometimes smoked with us. Although I never did Geology people said he was fantastic.

- Ms Bamford (BHS) this was the most crazy woman I've ever met and she was the sixth form manager. Like me she had also moved from Ninian's to BHS. She let Masterton (school principal) walk all over her and had no idea what was going on at any time.

I also recall a PE teacher from Ninian's who liked to watch the kids as they showered but I don't remember his name. I'm sure someone must remember him.

Lots of schools, lots of teachers.

Here's a few that stick in my mind:-

Mr. Hyles - Maths - 6' 9" - scary mofo, you didn't xxxx about in his class!

Mr. Curry - French and year 3 head - complete psycho - went purple when he was angry (which was often).

Mr Hill - French (my French teacher) gay as they come and hopeless at class control - we made his life hell. ;)

Mr. Tilley - aka Turkey Tilley - can't remember what he taught be he had a funny walk, somewhat like a turkey (hence the name). One Christmas, some bright spark left him a card and a present on his desk. The present was a box of Paxo and the card read "get stuffed turkey!" :D

Miss Gilks - My first form teacher at primary school - took a bit of a shine to me but you'd never know it the way she spoke to me!

Mr. Greenwood - Art (and part time DJ) was really religious and absolutely HATED swearing. I remember a time I was being bullied by a group of lads and they'd done something like stick a compass in my arm to which I reacted to with a "argh xxxx off". Instantly sent to the 'sin bin' for the afternoon and a weeks detention for that, whilst the scumbag bullies got off scott free!

Mr. Scott - form teacher at my last year of middle school - one of the soundest teachers I ever had, really nice bloke. Had a thing for elephants and used to do a mean doodle of one - which everyone in our class got as a leaving present!

Mr. Turner - PE - looked like an ape he was so hairy - used to run everywhere, and I do mean everywhere (even in the corridors - naughty Mr. Turner!).

Mr. Miller - my final form teacher at High School - probably the soundest of the lot, real nice guy and a great history teacher (shame I dropped it for business studies really as I'd really have liked to have been taught by him).

Mr. Davis - Geography and Deputy Head - short guy but had a big temper - you didn't mess with this dude (I think he actually thought he was the head tbh - he certainly acted like it) very good teacher though, I used to like his lessons and learnt a lot from him.

Miss Davies - Business studies (or BIS as it was known then) pretty fit as teachers went. I remember having a week of school in term time to help out my dad at an exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham (only to be confronted by her and her bloke!) All she said was "we didn't see each other right?" :D

I also had a history teacher at one school (his name escapes me) but this guy had the worst case of body odour EVER! It would make you feel sick every time he came near you.

I also recall a PE teacher from Ninian's who liked to watch the kids as they showered but I don't remember his name.  I'm sure someone must remember him.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say something like that on an internet forum regardless if there is any truth in it or not.

I know exactly who you mean (as am sure do many others) and a comment like that read by the wrong person could cost this guy his career.

I went to KWC and we had a brilliant English teacher called Mr Hoy - he was the only person I have ever been taught by who made English interesting. There was also a chemistry teacher called Mr Wharton who seemed to enjoy whacking the lads with a slipper.

Mt Hoy was something else - he taught me in 1973/1974.

Do you remember Benny Ball from Balla that had a fetish for smacking pupils backsides with a slipper with your name chalked on the sole of the slipper!  He was a sadistic person :angry:

Then there was Mrs. Scathard who allegedly is now a witch :ph34r:

Mrs Last Ten has reminded me of Dotty Duggan the RE teacher and Miss Sissons the cookery teacher who was a complete b***h??????

Your turn :P

LT

You are probably the same era as me (1970-1976, latterly at St Nins/Park Road when the school became mixed). The only one I don't remember is Benny Ball, we did have maths teacher called Mr Ball, but I remember him as quite laid back.

I wasn't taught by Miss Sissons, although I do remember her reputation, but was taught by a Scottish lady who reminded us all of the "Flash cleans floors" ad lady!! We also had an RE teacher called Miss Watson who was really fervent in her beliefs and we would always try to turn the class into a debate on the truth or otherwise of the bible. The poor lady would just reject all arguments logical or not and, almost jump up and down in denial. She was a little sparrow of a lady and I think she left to become a missionary soemwhere - it couldn't have been worse than trying to teach us RE!!

You are probably the same era as me (1970-1976, latterly at St Nins/Park Road when the school became mixed).  The only one I don't remember is Benny Ball, we did have maths teacher called Mr Ball, but I remember him as quite laid back. 

I wasn't taught by Miss Sissons, although I do remember her reputation, but was taught by a Scottish lady who reminded us all of the "Flash cleans floors" ad lady!!  We also had an RE teacher called Miss Watson who was really fervent in her beliefs and we would always try to turn the class into a debate on the truth or otherwise of the bible.  The poor lady would just reject all arguments logical or not and, almost jump up and down in denial.  She was a little sparrow of a lady and I think she left to become a missionary soemwhere - it couldn't have been worse than trying to teach us RE!!

Benny Ball was a woodwork teacher who was based in Conister Block at Ballakermeen, I really hated his cruel and sadistic ways with many pupils.

He certainly brings back so many very unhappy memories from Ballakermeen School :(

LT

Edited by Last Ten

Ah been lurking here for a while now but last ten prompts me to add my bit. I remember Mr Ball and his mop of shocking red hair and Doris Hooker who unfortunately my class reduced to tears on numerous occasions. As for Dotty Duggan she was always teaching us about the evils of communism and how priests in Russia were being persecuted by the KGB. I remember telling her that it was quite right as they were counter revolutionaries and "didnt she know that Jesus was the first communist" didnt go down too well and I was put in the corridor with the rest of the athiests. Ah schooldays the best days of your life! by the way hello everyone.

Ah been lurking here for a while now but last ten prompts me to add my bit. I remember Mr Ball and his mop of shocking red hair and Doris Hooker who unfortunately my class reduced to tears on numerous occasions. As for Dotty Duggan she was always teaching us about the evils of communism and how priests in Russia were being persecuted by the KGB. I remember telling her that it was quite right as they were counter revolutionaries and "didnt she know that Jesus was the first communist" didnt go down too well and I was put in the corridor with the rest of the athiests. Ah schooldays the best days of your life! by the way hello everyone.

Fantastic skyland, thanks mate...

You have brought all them memories back again especially the bit about Benny and his mop of shocking red hair, I have to say that I really disliked him and his horrible ways with many students, especially me :(:angry:

Last Ten

I can't think of ballakermeen without remembering seeing P.E. Teacher Robbie Teare running down the corridoor with his arms outstretched, making aeroplane noises.

Of course, that's not the only memory I have of the place. I just wanted to say something positive.

Edited by VinnieK