Ton up Club

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

A newish car at Jackson’s recently, £700 for a standard service.

How much to service a real one though rather than the one you’ve just made up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

How much to service a real one though rather than the one you’ve just made up? 

I tell you what fella, you are good at one thing.

It doesn’t matter what time of day or night I post or what thread it’s on you will be there a couple of minutes later to post some bollocks.

Good effort, it must be nice to have nothing to do.

Before you respond back in 15 seconds after furiously refreshing the page, read back again the comment about me not responding to you and try to understand it.

Let me be your fantasy.

11 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I tell you what fella, you are good at one thing.

It doesn’t matter what time of day or night I post or what thread it’s on you will be there a couple of minutes later to post some bollocks.

Good effort, it must be nice to have nothing to do.

Before you respond back in 15 seconds after furiously refreshing the page, read back again the comment about me not responding to you and try to understand it.

Let me be your fantasy.

Don’t respond to the idiots it only fuels him to post more nonsense or get one of his aliases to do it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I didn’t get a video of the underside?  Should I have sent my wife in?

🙂

They usually send you an email  with the inspection report  just after the service .

If you click on the proceed to vehicle health check tab you should be able to see a report along with a video.

21 minutes ago, finlo said:

Wow, 700 smackers for a gallon of oil and a filter! Oh and a nice video of the underside.

To be fair, they might also have checked the dip/main beam and the brake lights and indicators. That'll be £200 of it.

• Haha 2

One of  the cars in the family is a hyundai and it was way cheaper to get a  multi year  service plan from  the hyundai UK  website. 

Motor mall  initially said that it wasn't valid in IOM  and wanted to sell me their own plan

But I contacted hyundai UK and  they confirmed that it should be valid here..

. The contract  wording  actually mentions any dealer in the UK or IOM ..:-)

Edited by mad_manx

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Don’t respond to the idiots it only fuels him to post more nonsense or get one of his aliases to do it!

I get you, but I think people replying to him on here might be the closest he gets to actual social interaction 😂 and it’s good to sometimes do your bit for those who need help.

Edited by CrazyDave

21 hours ago, woolley said:

Exactly, and the wrecks stick out like a sore thumb. If I can see them, so can Plod. Just become more proactive in nailing them.

21 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

Like issuing over 100 defective notices? 

Yes, but it's always just a five minute wonder. It needs to be something that's done fairly regularly at random locations with draconian penalties and immediate seizure for the worst examples. That way the irresponsible few would think much harder about maintaining their vehicles. It isn't necessary to inconvenience the law abiding majority because of a few that can be rounded up easily by other means. There are more then enough hoops to jump through in life without introducing more, particularly something as pointless as blanket vehicle testing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Auto lights on my car, a Mazda, seem to work well, probably better than my manual reaction, dipping seems good, back to full beams a little slow perhaps???

However, there is a moments distraction as I check if the dip/full has actually taken place rather than watching the road!!!!