Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Stu Peters

Luxury Motoring For Peanuts

I've fallen in love with a big daft old Jaguar, so need to sell my car. Reluctantly in many ways, because it's probably the best all-round car I've ever owned... whilst also being one of the cheapest!

It's a 1988 Mercedes 300CE automatic...which is the 2-dr coupe version of the standard 3-litre saloon. It has pillarless doors, so you can (electrically) wind down all the windows if it's hot and have no ugly door frame in the way. It's also got a lecky tilt/slide sun roof, and seats 4/5 in grey leather luxury.

Colour is dark met blue with grey side panels. Wheels are Lorinser alloys, and the car has the proper Merc lowering kit. Mileage is around 77k (without going outside to check!) and it drives and rides beautifully. Straight six engine is lovely and smooth, and gives around 20mpg. Body and interior are in VGC, and it's got a good CD/radio fitted with upgraded speakers (although I'll probably keep the sub and amp for the Jag).

Only thing that doesn't work as far as I know are the foglights - which just went out one night...I checked the fuses, so can only assume it's a relay or blown bulb. And it starts first turn of the key hot or cold, but takes a bit longer if the engine is simply warm (but it always starts...so maybe there's just a faulty sensor somewhere).

Just had a new heated rear screen fitted, and a full service last month - so she's ready to go to a good home. Offer via PM here please around £4500. And please - no tyre kickers or boy racers...

post-75-1091302628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stu Peters

Guest Rox

I didn't even know that peanuts could drive - never mind in luxury. :P

It's a 1988 Mercedes 300CE automatic...which is the 2-dr coupe version of the standard 3-litre saloon. It has pillarless doors, so you can (electrically) wind down all the windows if it's hot and have no ugly door frame in the way. It's also got a lecky tilt/slide sun roof, and seats 4/5 in grey leather luxury....

I want! I've got an old 230E and I love it to bits. Sadly I have other "financial arrangements" at the mo. :(

I've fallen in love with a big daft old Jaguar, so need to sell my car. Reluctantly in many ways, because it's probably the best all-round car I've ever owned... whilst also being one of the cheapest!

It's a 1988 Mercedes 300CE automatic ...

Automatic! :blink:

PAH! Look at the pose in the pic it's blaintly obvious this is his pitch to try and land a job on Top Gear !!!! :D

Nice looking car Stu - good luck, but I'm afraid this has to be done... :D

post-125-1091367118_thumb.jpg

LMAO - you guys...and Rox!

Selling a Mercedes IS probably like making love to a beautiful woman Cret - first you admire her curvy exterior, check out her suspension and headlamps, and then hopefully slip insi... no, it's nothing like is it? Or maybe it is and I've been a bachelor too long!

It IS a cracking car though - normally you flog one and hope you don't get any comebacks later, but this is a genuine goodun, so mention it to anyone who's in the market. I'd like to keep it until it gains classic status, but on the modest stipend you lot pay, it has to be one or the other.