Place For A Large Reception?

Can anyone tell of a place on the island that can cater for a reception/party of 200+ people - including a considerable number of children. We're looking for a place that provides decent refreshments (probably buffet style), with room for entertainment (DJ or band) etc.

There isn't a mssive rush on this - it's being planned for next September - it's just a matter of having a few places to take a look at.

Have you tried the Masonic Hall on Woodbourne Road... it has a very large main room.... i was there a little while ago and the food was very good... i know the people who had the Do made their own arrangements for music....

Edited by nutnut
Guest Sweet Cheeks

you could try the castletown golf links.

But, but, but, .... isn't this closing to be converted into luxury apartments or summat ?

(another hotel bites the dust !)

No way. That hotel always reminded me of the hotel in the Shinning.

The Glen Helen has a nice large reception room. We used it for our reception several years ago. They provided a lovely buffet and they looked after us very well. They even threw in the 'honeymoon suite' as part of the deal. We got some lovely photos in the glen and it was nice for the children too as they were able to go safely outdoors and play in the play area.

Where in the Island are you getting married?

The Glen Helen has a nice large reception room. We used it for our reception several years ago. They provided a lovely buffet and they looked after us very well. They even threw in the 'honeymoon suite' as part of the deal. We got some lovely photos in the glen and it was nice for the children too as they were able to go safely outdoors and play in the play area.

Where in the Island are you getting married?

It's actually for my step daughter. She and her fiance are getting married while they're on holiday in Hawaii, then they're planning a reception/party type thing for relatives and friends when they come home.