Subscription Service

UniSol

I have now cleared out the original Donating feature and replaced it with an advanced subscription manager. This is intended to streamline funds coming into the forum piggy-bank, which is then used for enhancing the running, backing, features and software for ManxForums.com. Eventually losing the advertising rotation also.

We try to encourage Subscribing ( Was 'Donating') by giving Subscribers extra specifications, features and access. Over time this will grow and grow, becoming more desirable.

This is not intended in any way to stop people using the forums for free, but giving the chance for supporters to give and then receive something back in return. Hopefully forming a nice circle which will increase the ManxForums user base and satisfaction levels in general.

Subscribing is in no way mandatory

Subscribers also have their own forum and relaxed rule set that governs their posting abilities.

You may access your personal subscriptions menu under 'My Controls' and the 'Paid Subscriptions'.

Existing Donators will keep their status and will be given subscription extensions when ported over.

For more information, please review the following post: http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=219

Subscribers also have their own forum and relaxed rule set that governs their posting abilities.

Meaning that they'll have the ability to criticise moderators? What are the relexaed rules?

Anyone can criticise a moderator or moderators in general, it's up to myself and Tearz too look at that and even other moderators comments. As effectively staff of the forum, we have decided how best to do the job (gained though previous experience).

Please read the following link for Subscriber information, the profile itself has less restrictions and greater access. Also we give them something new - Trust. An example of this would be; Subscribers can remove the 'edited by' legend from posts, add events a public Calendar and delete their own topics.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=219