Villiers Square

Furry Mongoose

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the uk a few months back there was something on local news about people going round & doing random gardening on unsightly spots around their local areas (this was in london) they would go out in the early hours, and completely make over a grassy area that was littered with all sorts, all on their own time & paying out of their own pockets for materials, plants etc- i thought it was a brilliant idea! Maybe thats what the square needs! Then maybe people would like to go there to sit & have their lunch! The state of the back of the buildings doesnt do much either!

in the uk a few months back there was something on local news about people going round & doing random gardening on unsightly spots around their local areas (this was in london) they would go out in the early hours, and completely make over a grassy area that was littered with all sorts, all on their own time & paying out of their own pockets for materials, plants etc- i thought it was a brilliant idea! Maybe thats what the square needs! Then maybe people would like to go there to sit & have their lunch! The state of the back of the buildings doesnt do much either!

I'd be happy to do that...... for a cut in my rates.

• 4 weeks later...

Call to tidy Island

Posted on the 20 April 2007 20:38:44

The Chief Minister wants the Island tidied up ahead of this year's TT

He's asking the Department of Local Government and the Department of Transport to write to local authorities to request a special effort to smarten

Tony Brown says he wants to encourage everyone, including government through its agencies, to make sure the Island is at its best for the centenary TT period, and indeed for the summer beyond.

http://www.manxradio.com/readItem.aspx?ID=...mp;cate=General

but isnt the point that the island should be at its best ALL year round- not just TT week? Looks like Tony Brown has just added the bit about the summer for good measure, when in actual fact all he is bothered about is the fact that the island stays clean & tidy for TT week!

• 2 years later...
Yes, I was wondering that.

Apparently it's a stand-off between Royal Bank of Scotland and Douglas Coporation who refuse to take it over.

All we needed was a pleasant town square and some decent public toilets.

How typically Manx. That longboat head should at least be put on the Quayside.

Edited by bishbashbosh