Look What They Have Done To The Lady

FCMR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seing that brakes my heart.. :(

She once was a proud vessel, now it looks like a total botch-job joke - what idiot came up with the idea of converting a side-loader to RoRo? :angry:

The Panagia Soumela was formerly the Lady of Mann which was sold and they can now do whatever they like to it. You wouldn't have someone moaning at you because you bought their car off them and decided to cut a hole in it for a sunroof.

There wasn't any condition of sale to say that the ship had to remain as it was however unsuitable it is for the purpose.

Anyway, Greeks make better sailors!

Stav.

:P

Anyway, Greeks make better sailors!

Stav.

:P

Do they?

The captain, Vassilis Yannakis, and four officers have been arrested and charged with manslaughter after the authorities claimed that criminal negligence was the cause of the sinking. The rocks, nicknamed 'the Gates', are a well-known navigational hazard and have warning lights on them. It has been alleged that the officers may have been watching a football match on television as the ferry approached the rocks and failed to maintain an adequate lookout.

Yes....and you never hear anything of the Austrian Navy do you??

I have to say I find it hard to get sentimental about the LOM or whatever it's called now, I was never so sea sick as I was on that boat. I know it went in all weathers, but that only lead to it bobbing about like a cork, and it was a total maze inside....I dread to think how hard it would be to get out of if there was some sort of emergency God Forbid. That said I doubt the "addition" will help matters.....it is even more ugly now....

edited to put an "r" in dead.....ooops....

Oh for God sake it's just a boat! And lets be honest it wasn't really a fantastic boat either - it was murder to drive onto,it stank of sick and the seats smelt of shit. I destroyed the wing of my Landrover trying to drive off the bastard thing.

I hope they give her a big pair of Pete Burns lips and paint her brown.

I destroyed the wing of my Landrover trying to drive off the bastard thing.

I hope they give her a big pair of Pete Burns lips and paint her brown.

You not being able to drive doesn't make it a bad ship. :rolleyes:

It does look atrocious for what was previously a much loved and very seaworthy vessel.

Definitely a shame that it's gone for good and been so horribly butchered.

Looks like something out of Mad Max. Even the A Team would have done a nicer job if they had been locked inside it!

Archived