[BBC News] Speeding 'video' drivers warned

Newsbot

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why 'spread' the news about these videos, an act which IMO, will only encourage even more idiots to watch them and go on to attempt this.

If they've broken the law isn't it better to just quietly find out who they are and prosecute them if possible - and persuade them to remove the video (though I would suspect these speed videos aren't actually illegal in themselves to post are they??? - but a magistrate would take a dim view if they hadn't removed it??). Otherwise, with these tactics, all that will happen is more and more people will do it and post anonymously with silly 'speedy nicknames' in their attempt to become 'petrolhead heroes' or whatever.

Motorcyclists who speed in order to upload videos of themselves to websites are putting themselves at risk, police say.

Why would they speed in order to upload videos of themselves?

That suggests they can't upload the videos unless they feature vehicles going very fast.

Is there a cut-off speed, below which the upload facility no longer works? :P

Motorcyclists who speed in order to upload videos of themselves to websites are putting themselves at risk, police say.

Why would they speed in order to upload videos of themselves?

That suggests they can't upload the videos unless they feature vehicles going very fast.

Is there a cut-off speed, below which the upload facility no longer works? :P

Maybe they have to go so fast in order to record the whole journey before the tape/disk whatever runs out?

I really liked Derek Flint's quote

I think it just sends out the wrong message for what we are trying to achieve on the island

Yes. On an island that actively advertises an annual motorbike deathfest, that trades under the name of "road racing capital of the world" and whose centre is ringed by a 37 mile ultra smooth road racing circuit maintained at the cost of millions by the taxpayer this clearly sends out the wrong message.

I think it just sends out the wrong message for what we are trying to achieve on the island

Yes. On an island that actively advertises an annual motorbike deathfest, that trades under the name of "road racing capital of the world" and whose centre is ringed by a 37 mile ultra smooth road racing circuit maintained at the cost of millions by the taxpayer this clearly sends out the wrong message.

id like to know where theres 37 miles of ultra smooth road!!!!! :lol:

id like to know where theres 37 miles of ultra smooth road!!!!! :lol:

The white lines are pretty smooth. Not very straight mind but smooth all the same.

Archived