[BBC News] Work begins on new 'eco-office'

Newsbot

No recession here :cool:

Is it a necessity? I'd like to see the justification for this project.

Well for once I will back the Government on this one. The current premises at St Johns is little more than a glorified portacabin, added that this will also house the occupants of Rose House on Circular Road (which the Government could then sell on) I think it is a good idea.

DAFF are one of the few departments I have any time for.

I like DAFF too, they have done a great job making all the trees grow on the Island and you never hear them bragging about it.

You should see their plans for the reforestation of Lower Douglas, new woodland is already being seeded for the Woolies site and will be extended along Strand Street as the shops go one by one.

Nobody is saying DAFF is doing a bad job - just that at this time £5M + needs to be spent on more important things.

Thing is Albert, if they didnt build a new HQ, the money would be taken out of their budget, and probably given to the DoT.

Imagine the damage the DoT could do with that kind of wedge?

Well for once I will back the Government on this one. The current premises at St Johns is little more than a glorified portacabin, added that this will also house the occupants of Rose House on Circular Road (which the Government could then sell on) I think it is a good idea.

I don't think they own Rose House. They are paying rent.

They also rent the Education Department building in Upper Church Street and Tourism and Leisure premises in Finch Road.

It's a f**king vanity project !

What is wrong with utilising the big empty building on Port Erin seafront, plenty of room in there for a Lab and aquarium facilities on the lines of the lobster hatchery at Padstow! (possible tourist attraction)

I would have thought that building was far more suitable for the fishing side of things especially being as it is just a stones throw away from the experimental scallop beds off Port Erin .

Eco-friendly ? Useless idealistic F**king tree huggers!

They bury their heads in the sand over the real issues time after time ,and come up with time wasting paper pushing crap!

These people are supposed to be employed primarily to protect and enhance farming and fishing in the main are they not?

More bullshit, from a bullshit department I.M.o.

Grrr,Grrr :angry:

They also rent the Education Department building in Upper Church Street and Tourism and Leisure premises in Finch Road.

Which (given the daft amount of money the IOM Goverments deems reasonable for renting) means that the cost of ownership for the DAFF will probably go down quite a bit, unless of course the Government are tied into a long term lease, in which case they will have to make a new department to go into the vacant buildings.

Department of Utter Fuckwits

Department of Corrupt Cocks

and maybe

Department of People who want to learn to read and do other things good as well.

Which (given the daft amount of money the IOM Goverments deems reasonable for renting) means that the cost of ownership for the DAFF will probably go down quite a bit, unless of course the Government are tied into a long term lease, in which case they will have to make a new department to go into the vacant buildings.

Department of Utter Fuckwits

Department of Corrupt Cocks

and maybe

Department of People who want to learn to read and do other things good as well.

You've been drinking again haven't you

Archived