Acupuncturists

Bellefield

Can anyone recommend a "good" acupuncturist based here on the island - I want someone to stick pins in me, but preferably someone who knows what they are doing and has a good track record - anyone had any experience of those based on the island?

I been to Francis Galambos at Springfield Grange for acupuncture and would go back to him (Tel: 671787). I also had acupuncture at the Dr Beijing place in Douglas, but I noticed the other day that it has closed, so I don't know if they have relocated or closed permenantly.

I've just made an appointment with Rebecca Cryer in Onchan (851415) for Tuesday. She seemed really nice and explained that at the first appointment the needle bit was only 1/2 hour but the booking-in part is an hour. Will update after Tuesday.

Can anyone recommend a "good" acupuncturist based here on the island - I want someone to stick pins in me, but preferably someone who knows what they are doing and has a good track record - anyone had any experience of those based on the island?

If you pay me 50 quid an hour, I'll cast secret magic spells on you. This will have exactly the same medicinal effect as the acupuncture.

If you pay me 50 quid an hour, I'll cast secret magic spells on you. This will have exactly the same medicinal effect as the acupuncture.

True and if you want the skinny on FG named earlier in this thread send me a PM.

I was very dubious about acupuncture the first time I went, but it did help me. It was actually my osteopath at the time that recommended it.

you should probably check the list of ailments that have clinical proof that acupuncture is a viable means of treatment, i believe that it was realease by WHO (World Health Organisation) and contains a list of 24 proven treatable conditions.

If your own problem is not on the list then i recommend you save your money.

you should probably check the list of ailments that have clinical proof that acupuncture is a viable means of treatment, i believe that it was realease by WHO (World Health Organisation) and contains a list of 24 proven treatable conditions.

If your own problem is not on the list then i recommend you save your money.

just found the list - cheers!

http://www.acupuncture-schools.us/national...acupuncture.cfm

Had my appointment with Rebecca Cryer on Tuesday and had confirmation this morning from my consultant that the treatment I went for had worked. Absolutely over the moon and would recommend her to anyone - so long as you check the list to make sure you want to treat one of the ailments on there. I was quite sceptical but over the moon now.

Its good to know that these lists are of value. Otherwise potentially vauable treatments can be dismissed by skeptics when they are reduced to the term "alternative treatment".

Its good to know that these lists are of value. Otherwise potentially vauable treatments can be dismissed by skeptics when they are reduced to the term "alternative treatment".

Explained this to my dad and he still thought it was the funniest thing he had heard and said he would have done it for £50.

I'm naturally skeptical of things like this but at the same time would not dismiss them merely because I don't understand the mechanism of it.

I doubt most people here could explain how their telly really works but they do (most of the time anyway).

I'm humming & harring about trying acupuncture to see if it can help my back now that the back dude at nobles has told me (after an 8 month wait) that they can't do anything.

A pal was telling me the other night about some treatment he recently had for his back problems called 'quantum touch', and swears it made a huge difference. He's not the type to bullshit about things really, even though it does sounds like a daft 'yuppie' treatment. I gather it's something similar to Reiki but I know naff all about that.

Sure some people can say these sort of things are nonsense, but even if they don't make any physical difference, the placebo affect is proven to give health improvements anyway.

I received my inversion table the other day and am quite impressed with it so far. Might take a lot of time before it does anything to help (if at all), but you get quite a nice oxygenated brain buzz when you come up the right way after 5 minutes upside down if nothing else! :D

Archived