Sure Mobile Internet Settings?

Hi

I've just bought a new mobile & want to connect to the Internet. I checked the Sure web site & had to manually enter the settings because they didn't have a download settings file for my phone. I called Sure "support" who didn't know a thing.

Can anyone give me the settings info?

Do Sure have HSDPA?

W

manual settings

And they do not have HSDPA because this is 3G, they do have EDGE which is faster than the 2G network but not as fast as HSDPA.

Edit: what type of phone is it?

Thanks, that's a handy link. I missed that the first time as I saw the words "WAP" & "GPRS"<<shudder>>

I just spoke to "customer services" again who know nothing about phones or their network. After a lot of discussion, they told me that they probably had EDGE. IMO a bit mean bearing in mind that Pronto have HSDPA.

The phone is an HTC Touch Pro.

W

i dont know alot about them tbh, as far as i know they only need an APN and username/password which can be found on the link. Someone told me they set themselves up by running the wizard and that checks the preloaded services on the sim card, dont know about sure or if they are pre loaded though. There are some on here with that type of handset so i am sure they will be able to help.

i dont know alot about them tbh, as far as i know they only need an APN and username/password which can be found on the link. Someone told me they set themselves up by running the wizard and that checks the preloaded services on the sim card, dont know about sure or if they are pre loaded though. There are some on here with that type of handset so i am sure they will be able to help.

Yup, there are a lot of pre-loaded settings. But of course, nothing for our fair Isle & nothing for C&W. :(

There's one guy at Sure who knows how to set up this stuff. Upper/lower case seems significant as is the order of entering the info.

WMP 6.1 on HTC Touch Pro

Settings/Connections

My Work Network

Modem

Name=WAP

Access point=wap

Proxy server=010.000.003.101:8080

My ISP

Modem

Name=sure cw

Access point=internet

Archived