Law On Street Lights And My Right To Darkness

emma

Does anyone know what the laws on street lighting are? - Have recently had the lovely warm orange glow replaced by a 1 million wattage bulb which lights the house up like a floodlit football pitch.

The light itself is taller than the others on the estate after an incident a few years ago, and therefore shines into my bedroom before turning off at 12.15, because apparantly that is reasonable... - I go to bed at 10.30 ish, and can't get to sleep until after the light goes out, because my body rejects sleeping in daylight!! -

Anyone any laws/rights I can quote to the commissioners when they ring me back... Bearing in mind the guy I spoke to said "I have one at the end of my property and it doesn't bother me".... but did agree to have someone ring me back. - My garden is only a few foot long so the lamp at the end of it is very close for comfort.

If they can't do anything about, and black out blinds are my only option, then I will, be buying a riffle and shooting the bulb out every night, and let them take me to court for it....

Archived