Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse

My mouse is driving me insane, hopefully someone can tell me whats up. Its a logitech combo cordless USB keyboard & mouse with one receiver. For about the last week or so now the mouse has been acting very strangely. The right mouse button is being pressed - a lot - without me actually touching the mouse. The little red optical light is flashing its little heart out but I'm not even moving the mouse. I just turned the mouse upside down and sat back and watched the mouse flicker on the desktop, the rmb-button menu repeatedly flashing on the screen - to give you some idea of whats going on.

I've tried new batteries, tried the receiver in different usb ports (6 to choose from in the PC and 4 on a hub... all 10 have the same/no effect), I've tried resetting the receiver (this supposedly switches everything to a different receiver channel), moved the receiver around (now its right in front of the mouse) I've even taken the mouse apart and I still cant find the problem. Device manager isn't showing any hardware conflicts either.

The really annoying thing is, after about a 5, 20 or even 60 minute stint of this happening, it stops. I can sometimes go the rest of the day as normal then until I reboot. Sometimes it occurs as soon as I boot up, sometimes after the computer has been on for a while, it really is quite random. Today though it just doesnt seem to want to stop, its been over 2 hours now on and off.

So any ideas? Is the mouse dying a horrible death or could something be causing this deliberately? (Took me about 10 mins to write this as I had to keep clicking the screen! :angry:)

Could be the micro switch,does ure mouse click still when u push lmb and rmb.I had a similer problem with logitech g7 but with the left button and it was micro switch,not happy cost £70 and was just outside garranty i gone of logitech as i found that the garranty for most of europe was 1 year.2 years in switzerland and 5 years rest of world.After checking internet it seems it a common problem with logitech mice,ive got mine in bits and new micro switch only cost 85 pence but can only find exact replacement in usa for some reason.U could try bending mouse button upwards as well incase to much presure is on button. Laterz

Yeah I've spent a few hours on their website recently but nothing really covers the problem I am having. There's nothing in their forum either although I'll register and post soon even though its a fairly old mouse now compared to what they're brought out since.

Its definitely not the microswitch, I've had that problem before with other mice, thats why I took this one apart and everything seems fine. Both buttons work fine, even when I have this problem I can still left and right click, but the mouse is right-clicking so fast its impossible to the simplest of things such as open the start menu, double-click to run a program etc.

Only the keyboard, but it uses the same receiver.

do your neighbours have any rf equipment - eg radio controlled toys ?as I think they share the same rf frequencies - or even the same breed of mice ? though in practice I find I can use two or more rf mice in close proximity

Not that I'm aware of, most of the neighbours are out during the daytime anyway when the problem usually occurs.

Archived