Flowers

Hugs

Lilies too, as tops. The beautiful white ones or sometimes star-gazers, with their strange exotic petals. I used to cheer myself up by buying some from time to time when I was a mature student, living away from my family. Expensive but worth it.

I also love those huge red and gold arrangements you can get, big and bold, full of roses and lilies and chrysanthemums. Something for a tall glass vase, that makes a really dramatic statement. Great for lifting your spirits after having a baby. And I've had lots, so I know what I'm talking about!

:D

I got some flowers today (*cue smug grin).

I love flowers, the whole sensory thing is really uplifting. I'm a fan of lilies too, they tend to have a fabulous scent that really fills the room, as do freesias. I like them all really and like Hollandaise, I'll buy them for myself just for the lift (but not today....*cue another equally smug grin)

I do like roses Not the ones you normally get from florists, but the traditional sort you find in old gardens - really big heads with lots of petals that smell beautiful. The ones you get from florists just don't seem to have any smell. I also like the smell of broom (lots of little flowers, mainly in yellow but sometimes in pink too) that you get in gardens too. There's nothing like the smell of a garden with lots of flowers on a hot summers day :)

Flowers win the women round every time. Not to be recomended if you've been a bad boy tho' coz it makes 'em way too suspisous and their womanly sin locating devices kick in to catch you out.

Grab a bunch when least expected and she will be luvin you all week.

Archived