Borrow a router from someone and run it at home for a week.

That will give you an idea of where the problem lies

Hi Mbx

Thanks, I have tried it with a Netgear same problem - connects at 4.8 so I think it maybe outside of what I am doing.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borrow a router from someone and run it at home for a week.

That will give you an idea of where the problem lies

Hi Mbx

Thanks, I have tried it with a Netgear same problem - connects at 4.8 so I think it maybe outside of what I am doing.

Sorted out internal wiring was at fault, now connecting at 12Mb whoop whoop

We have the Netgear DG834G router (firmware version V.1.6.00.31) and my wifes' MAC laptop setup for Airport is only very occasionally able to make a wireless connection. I have tried to upgrade the router firmware to the latest version which is apparently V.1.6.00.35 but receive a message which reads "Unknown error (0)" when I attempt to download the file from the server.

Any help please?

Monty2k04 just wondering whereabout you are to be getting 12mb?, I'm in Governors Hill and can only get an avarage of 6.8-7.2 on ADSL2

Cheers

What router are you using?

Can you post your line stats?

We have the Netgear DG834G router (firmware version V.1.6.00.31) and my wifes' MAC laptop setup for Airport is only very occasionally able to make a wireless connection. I have tried to upgrade the router firmware to the latest version which is apparently V.1.6.00.35 but receive a message which reads "Unknown error (0)" when I attempt to download the file from the server.

Any help please?

Probably worth changing the wireless channel if you can see a number of wireless networks nearby, if you have a wireless PC, have a look for Netstumbler - this shows what wireless channels are occupied nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

I got interleaving turned off and got nearly a 1Mbit increase in my sync speed (with the same increase in download speeds) and took an average of about 35ms off my pings. (The lower latency was my main focus.)

Very pleased with that result :)

The guys at Wimanx asked for our line stats before putting in for the change and said they looked fine, and went ahead with it. Took 4 or 5 days for the change to be made.

(In other news I'd heartily recommend the DGND3300 router, just sits there for weeks on end completely rock solid and needs no mucking about with whatsoever.)

Archived