Rotating Desktops

A friend of mine has a bit of a computer problem and asked me if I can help, but its a bit of a wierd one and I've never heard of it happening before, so hopefully someone here can provide the answer.

She's on the mainland though and not the best person with computers, so I only know what I've been told over the phone. Basically, her whole screen has been rotated 90 degrees on the monitor.. the taskbar is running along the right side of the screen.. moving the mouse down moves it across the screen, moving the mouse sideways makes it go up/down.. practically the whole machine has been turned on its side. The computer is running on Windows 2000, but thats about all the info I have on the system.

How has this happened, and can it be fixed, besides turning the monitor on its side? :D Is it likely to be a problem with the monitor?

ROFL!

Has someone mucked with the settings?? Or turned it on it's side????

(Otherwise, maybe it's the graphics card)

Its definitely not an April Fool's joke, although it would be funny if it was :D

As far as I know, no one has altered any settings... apparently one of the kids hit some keys on the keyboard while messing about and now its like this :huh:

Thanks Uni, fixed it once we knew what to look for ;)

Archived