Problem With Netgear Router

I've been having trouble getting any upload speed this last week so I thought I'd upgrade the software to see if that helps, it didn't and now I can't connect to the Internet

I can connect to the router but I keep getting the red-light on it which indicates a problem with the internet connection

Tried contacting telecom who talked me through inputting my user name password etc, but it still won't connect, they have now told me to bring it into the shop!

Anyone know if this is a simple fix, or has the firmware update screwed it up?

It's a netgear DG834G

By the way it appears that the upload speed problem

Is a common thing at the moment which they are looking into

Also noticed very slow upload speed - logged a call with MT at 9.45 pm ish - Got a call back a couple of minutes later, explaining there is quite a lot of calls regarding this at the moment and their engineers are trying to find the cause of the problem.

We had this problem, engineer came out and comfirmed it was a router problem rather than us being stupid and fitted a new shiny black Netgear N300. He also kindly phoned up sales and as we were just within our contract expiry date got the router reduced down to £20.00 as long as we renewed for another 18 months.

Archived