Shameless Us

Mutley

I expected it to be a poor relation of the original Shameless but that was effin awful. If it was a one off Saturday Night Live parody then it would be genius but....

The trailers were enough to see it was going to be garbage, thanks for the confirmation.

The yanks make some good tv, but anything as seriously anti-social as shameless uk, could never be shown in the states in the british format, to politically incorrect, take away the vulgarity and you dont have "SHAMELESS" anymore.

I agree. Stuff like the Sopranos, House, The Wire, West Wing they excel at. Or in your face comedy like Family Guy or BBT. But I don't think the American networks do or understand very black humour. Thats the bit I think they've totally missed with Shamless. The original is very funny in places albeit very dark humour.

And why do a line for line rewrite? The whole thing felt out of place and forced. Even the swearing was forced and unnatural. Be interesting to see if they ever use the C word...

So to sum up. It was shite.

The trailers were enough to see it was going to be garbage, thanks for the confirmation.

take away the vulgarity and you dont have "SHAMELESS" anymore.

I disagree - I thought a lot of the writing and acting in the original was excellent. The effin and blinding was just part of the setting.

Archived