Bats At Dusk And Dawn

manxmoggy

The Manx Bat Group will be holding two special events this Saturday 27th August 2011 offering a chance to see bats in the wild.

The evening will start with a bat walk to watch and identify bats coming out to feed at The Raggatt, just outside Peel, starting at 8.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Wear warm clothes and sturdy shoes or boots.

For the adventurous, stay on for the annual Bat Sleepover at Knockaloe for the chance to see the wonderful spectacle of bats swarming and coming in to roost at dawn. Batty activities for all ages and hot drinks will be provided. Bring a sleeping bag and torch and something to nibble.

Children are welcome at both events but should be accompanied by an adult.

For more information go to www.manxbatgroup.org.

Beautiful creatures.

One flew into my bedroom tonight and the tip for letting them escape safely is to open all the room windows shut off all the lights and get out of the room,they will quickly find the cool air and go.

Another endangered species through no fault of their own.

Beautiful creatures.

One flew into my bedroom tonight and the tip for letting them escape safely is to open all the room windows shut off all the lights and get out of the room,they will quickly find the cool air and go.

Yes, opening the window usually works. If it doesn't, or you want help, you can call the bat helpline on 366177 and someone from the Bat Group will come out.

How did it fly into the bedroom if the window was shut.

Beautiful creatures.

Yes, opening the window usually works. If it doesn't, or you want help, you can call the bat helpline on 366177 and someone from the Bat Group will come out.

Well I laughed !

Beautiful creatures.

I have one of these peculiar bedrooms with more than one window and it flew through one of the open ones.

Either that or it was Count Dracula on his holidays,if he could afford the boat fare. :)

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to go on one of the bat walks..

It was being held in Laxey yesterday evening (saturday 8th) but when i tried to sign up at the Manx Museum they told me the walk was full, and that it might even be called off because of rain anyway.

Was a bit gutted actually, i'd only found out about the walk a day or two ago but i didn't know about the Bat Group website, so hopefully i'll be able to catch another one soonish :) They are gorgeous, and lots of fun to watch.

Archived