Photography Links

Ean

Just wondering if anyone knows of a link where I can get royalty free images of the Isle of Man?

Any particular images and for what use?

The idea is just in the pipeline as yet but I would be printing them out and selling them. Images would mainly be landscapes, scenes, plants, flowers and such like.

Edited by Stevie Boy

Just wondering if anyone knows of a link where I can get royalty free images of the Isle of Man?

Any particular images and for what use?

The idea is just in the pipeline as yet but I would be printing them out and selling them. Images would mainly be landscapes, scenes, plants, flowers and such like.

For that sort of thing, I think most photographers would want some return for their work....

Don't mind paying a reasonable cost for them, either as a one off or on a per use basis.

But was hoping there might be a site for general use pics as there seems to be for alot of other stuff.

Have a look at Manxscenes and PM the people there if there's anything you like.

Even 'royalty free' photos may need to be paid for..... see HERE for an example.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend a decent free online album type thing that you can image link to? It'd be nice to be able to upload photos somewhere easily and be able to link to them from other sites so you can easily show people your pics.

Cheers!

No one's mentioned Flickr yet. Is it rubbish? Or haunted? I used photobucket for a while, but I hated the layout, Flickr makes me feel like I'm young, and maybe even a little hip.

Flickr is good and I think you get 30mb per month for free. It also includes a few Manx specific groups such as "Isle of Man/Ellan Vannin" and "Manx Nature and Wildlife"

Edited by bart

• 3 months later...

No one's mentioned Flickr yet. Is it rubbish? Or haunted? I used photobucket for a while, but I hated the layout, Flickr makes me feel like I'm young, and maybe even a little hip.

Flickr is good and I think you get 30mb per month for free. It also includes a few Manx specific groups such as "Isle of Man/Ellan Vannin" and "Manx Nature and Wildlife"

The Ellan Vannin group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/838369@N25/ ) seems to be quite active. There are some good threads in the discussion, including a tour around the Island in pictures and discussions on various local places to shoot. The group pool has over 5000 shots posted in it so I'm sure you'd find something of interest amongst that lot. You can post there asking for images or contact the contributors directly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Ellan Vannin group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/838369@N25/ ) seems to be quite active. There are some good threads in the discussion, including a tour around the Island in pictures and discussions on various local places to shoot. The group pool has over 5000 shots posted in it so I'm sure you'd find something of interest amongst that lot. You can post there asking for images or contact the contributors directly.

Flickr is good, just be aware that if your photostream has shots which are classed as "medium content" that a lot of sites will not accept any images from you. Or that's what i've found anyway.

• 1 month later...

www.views2choose.com

Forum/database for storing your favourite photography locations and for finding new ones, based on geographical areas of the British Isles & Ireland.

Features include:

• Searchable by criteria such as ideal light/season/weather etc, nearest town, location features, and so on.
  • Example image(s) for each location.
  • Link to position on Google Maps for each location, in order to get directions.
  • Photography Forum including: your photos, critique, disciplines, kit discussion, general, eBay listings, classifieds, and more!