Niki Lauda R.I.P.

Non-Believer

R4 played an interesting interview with him when he was saying how dangerous F1 used to be, such that you'd expect to lose one or two racers in a season, and how terrible that was.  We're about to enter a fortnight on a small island where we will, on the balance of probabilities, lose 3 or 4.

I flew to Australia on Lauda Air in 1993.  Best food I've ever had on a plane.

9 hours ago, wrighty said:

R4 played an interesting interview with him when he was saying how dangerous F1 used to be, such that you'd expect to lose one or two racers in a season, and how terrible that was.  We're about to enter a fortnight on a small island where we will, on the balance of probabilities, lose 3 or 4.

I flew to Australia on Lauda Air in 1993.  Best food I've ever had on a plane.

Nobody can ever say that about the TT. It stays as dangerous every single year. I just think it is a blessing that it will never be televised live.:sweatingbullets:

8 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

between 1957 and1961 twenty grand prix drivers were killed many, many more had life changing injuries.  ref:- 'The Limit'.....Michael Cannell.

2005,    9 riders died in the TT and MGP alone, without the road toll. That is just on one circuit.

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I wasn't comparing, just substantiating how dangerous Grand Prix used to be compared to currently.

The IOM TT was and is extremely dangerous and looks as though it will continue to be so.

Not knocking your post doc.:flowers:

Just pointing out how dangerous the TT is, was and will continue to be until it is halted

Lets hope this year is better.

Archived