NHS app data for Manx residents

ballaughbiker

5 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Hmm depends on your criteria. I trust you will agree that we have got mighty used to easy border crossings in the last 25 years but that has finished.

Just imagine you are an irritable border guard in Europe on a hot day, bored to tears with the relentless job of checking the vax status from those from "l'albion perfide" whose vote has already made your working life much harder. You just want to scan that effing QR/barcode on their NHS app like you have been ordered so to do. Nothing else.. then someone from the IOM (that you've never even heard of) tells you they haven't got that QR because their gov use a different system 🙄

Maybe you’ve misunderstood what we are getting. 

The info will be in an internationally accepted and readable format, either

1. QR code on App,

or

2. Barcode on hard copy, which you can obtain either through the NHS website, or, by phoning 119.

Now, that’s only from 28/6, if we hit the target, and we may have to use a different number as 119 isn’t accessible from IOM.

Nope, I perfectly understand what we are currently not getting and what is likely to be the expected format ('required by regulation' and 'expected' are clearly not synonymous).

C'mon John, you have done enough travelling/living in all sorts of different countries and you will likely be aware of 'paperwork' requirements outside UK/IOM and how to negotiate them with minimum stress.

If you have what they are expecting you aren't (in their opinion) a PIA. If you don't have what they are expecting, for any reason, you become (just in their opinion, remember) a PIA, no matter how undeserved.

35 years of dealing with officialdom in Europe in various countries have personally illustrated this time and time again and quoting the law (even if you're 101% correct) just makes things worse. Usually much worse.

So...155 people get off a plane in Malage say. 153 have the NHS app with its QR code. Happy days. 2 from the little old IOM don't because their gov "use a different system". It doesn't take much imagination to work out how already peed off Capt Guardia Civil will react.

Of course, wouldn't this QR code on an app be ever so useful to our police/customs here after 28th June ? 

This needs sorting asap.

11 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Nope, I perfectly understand what we are currently not getting and what is likely to be the expected format ('required by regulation' and 'expected' are clearly not synonymous).

C'mon John, you have done enough travelling/living in all sorts of different countries and you will likely be aware of 'paperwork' requirements outside UK/IOM and how to negotiate them with minimum stress.

If you have what they are expecting you aren't (in their opinion) a PIA. If you don't have what they are expecting, for any reason, you become (just in their opinion, remember) a PIA, no matter how undeserved.

35 years of dealing with officialdom in Europe in various countries have personally illustrated this time and time again and quoting the law (even if you're 101% correct) just makes things worse. Usually much worse.

So...155 people get off a plane in Malage say. 153 have the NHS app with its QR code. Happy days. 2 from the little old IOM don't because their gov "use a different system". It doesn't take much imagination to work out how already peed off Capt Guardia Civil will react.

Of course, wouldn't this QR code on an app be ever so useful to our police/customs here after 28th June ? 

This needs sorting asap.

We are getting the NHS App. Same system. Same presentation. Same App. So it’ll be exactly what’s expected.

My only worry is your final sentence. I’m against this type of ID being required in the CTA. It’s one of the reasons I use my Irish driving licence as picture ID for domestic travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

This needs sorting asap.

But they are sorting it and we will have the NHS App by 28th June...according to HQ anyway. NHS digital are 'sorting Wales first, then us apparently.

We are getting the NHS App. Same system. Same presentation. Same App. So it’ll be exactly what’s expected.

I get the feeling we are talking at cross purposes. 

I know (having emailed Manx officialdom) that they ultimately wish to do a data drop to Pinnacle that will enable the so-called 'vaccine passport' within the NHS digital app. 

It is just a matter of when as I perceived a slight lack of official understanding why this is so important should we have the temerity to venture further than Dover. The Minister allegedly did not know, just a week or so ago, that the NHS app could be used by Manx residents.

The whole reason for my bumbling contributions has been to :

1. Outline why I believe this is important.

2. To hopefully keep officialdom 'interested' in a timely outcome. 

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

I know (having emailed Manx officialdom) that they ultimately wish to do a data drop to Pinnacle that will enable the so-called 'vaccine passport' within the NHS digital app. 

It is just a matter of when as I perceived a slight lack of official understanding why this is so important should we have the temerity to venture further than Dover. The Minister allegedly did not know, just a week or so ago, that the NHS app could be used by Manx residents.

You missed that Howie spoke to Gove, week before last, and this was announced in Tynwald, and at the presser, this week?

You got further than me then MMP. After an initial 'first name terms' email agreeing to the basic principle and need, my second very polite email trying to get some idea of who/timescale disappointingly wasn't answered.

NHS digital are 'sorting Wales first, then us apparently.

OK sounds good but I though it was up to our lot to get the local agreement in place to do the data drop ?

You missed that Howie spoke to Gove, week before last, and this was announced in Tynwald, and at the presser, this week?

I was aware of the former but not what has happened over the last few days. How does that change the basic underlying and salient question of "when can we just use the NHS app like they can across" ?

3 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

I was aware of the former but not what has happened over the last few days. How does that change the basic underlying and salient question of "when can we just use the NHS app like they can across" ?

They’ve said by 28/6. We shall see. There’s got to be an agreement that the data isn’t shared on. So that might take the AG’s a month

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They’ve said by 28/6. We shall see. There’s got to be an agreement that the data isn’t shared on. So that might take the AG’s a month

I think a month is reasonable under the circumstances. Fingers crossed....

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

I agree, and like you think that they have only very recently realised how important it is to have something in place. Up until a few weeks back we were being told to get a letter from our GP or print of the page from patient access. 

This could and should have been sorted ages ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I agree, and like you think that they have only very recently realised how important it is to have something in place. Up until a few weeks back we were being told to get a letter from our GP or print of the page from patient access. 

This could and should have been sorted ages ago.

DA announced it would be on the NHS App 3 months ago. He clearly didn’t understand the data issues. Then it went silent. Mixed messaging about GP letters. Then only two/three weeks ago both DA and HQ announced we wouldn’t be having them.