Fibre Modem Router

Hi all,

I want to purchase a new fibre modem/router to replace the Technicolor modem/router that was supplied by Manx Telecom, has anyone any suggestions on what I should be buying?

Thanks

WD.

• 1 month later...

Hi....It is exceptionally uncommon to have the option to purchase a genuine gadget with an optical association. There is immense varieties by they way it is carried out between ISP. They by and large are altogether types of GPON however there are numerous choices and things like the laser tones utilized figure out which optical module is required. 

It relies upon the country. In the USA the ISP won't allow you to meddle with any type of fiber links. They generally have some sort of box that changes it over to ethernet links. Fiber fix links are amazingly simple to break. 

Assuming there is a container that believers from optical to ethernet, your switch could have 100mbps ports in it. Assuming you live say in india where they really let individuals meddle with the fiber the switches that will work ought to be recorded on the ISP site. I don't know where you purchase these in light of the fact that they are extremely specific gadgets.