Help Please: How to clone old 2.5" SATA onto new laptop with M2 SSD

Hey everyone, first, it will be obvious I don't know much about modern computing, so thanks in advance for bearing with me as I am sure to flub some of the terminology. I appreciate the helpful knowledgeable users here and am hoping you can help me sort out what I want to do with my new laptop.

BLUF: Had a 2.5" SATA SSD in my old laptop. Got new laptop which came with an M2 SSD installed and an empty slot for 2.5" SATA. Both SSDs are 250 GB capacity. I hate change and want to preserve my old settings, user profiles, and software--basically recreate the entire experience from my old laptop on my new laptop. Is this achievable? How do I do it?

More extraneous info is below, if it helps, but that's the gist of it.

----------------------- https://omegle.onl/ https://vshare.onl/

Back a couple years ago, I managed to clone my old HDD onto a Crucial 2.5" SATA 250 GB SSD and install that SSD into my laptop with the help of excellent tutorials and free software online. So I am not completely hopeless as far as this is concerned.

I liked that cloning preserved my settings and I didn't have to worry about licenses for my Microsoft Office software and whatever else (but mostly my settings since, as mentioned, I hate change!). I also have three profiles on my computer--a personal one, one for my side business, and one for my wife's side business. These were also preserved.

I would like to achieve the same thing here with my new laptop. Basically overwrite the new laptop's M2 SSD and backfill it with everything from my old SSD.

If it matters, new laptop has Windows 11 and old laptop/SSD had Windows 10 but I can opt for the free upgrade to Windows 11 easily after I get everything else settled.

Old SSD is currently installed in new laptop on the empty 2.5" SATA slot as the 😧 Drive. 103 GB free space on that drive.

New M2 SSD on the new laptop is the 😄 Drive with 175 GB free space.

See screenshot from my disk management for any extra info.

Thanks for your assistance!

Edited by katakuri

• 1 month later...

You could try Acronis True Image, used to use that a lot for cloning.  Nowadays though it's often just as quick to reinstall Windows and Office, and you can normally buy the latest versions of both for around a fiver each online.  Then just copy the data over after mounting the drive inside via a sata port, or pop in a USB caddy