Iom Postal Service

marcus

I had two birthday cards posted from the IOM (So that proves i have at least 2 friends) on the 21st October one didn't arrive until the 25th and the other never arrived at all.

Work post also varies, some the next day, other post 3-4 days late.

I know its not the end of the world, but when i lived there, i was always impressed by your postal service, have things changed over there?

Incidently the card that never arrived was from Ans, sends me one every year, bless him.

I had two birthday cards posted from the IOM (So that proves i have at least 2 friends) on the 21st October one didn't arrive until the 25th and the other never arrived at all.

Work post also varies, some the next day, other post 3-4 days late.

I know its not the end of the world, but when i lived there, i was always impressed by your postal service, have things changed over there?

Incidently the card that never arrived was from Ans, sends me one every year, bless him.

Cost cutting I reckon, they have to make up for all those red elastic bands somehow.

It might be a problem at your end.

My mates run a internet business from the Island and none of it's competitors on the mainland can beat the delivery service for some reason and all the stuff is posted locally here.

Most of the comments they get are about amazing delivery ie. ordered at 4pm recieved next day:

http://www.picstop.co.uk/comments.php

I would have to say the IOM Postal service beats the Royal Mail hands down, although it is still not perfect.

When you sent the birthday cards did you use the coloured envelopes or plain white ones ?

The reason i am saying this is that the UK post office hire contract labour and these crafty gits are nicking the birthday cards and stealing the money.

What i would do is phone the post office and tell them this way even if you don't get the card back atleast they know its missing and they might log that and check up on the postie in that area.

WHEN SENDING BIRTHDAY CARDS ACROSS USE BROWN ENVELOPES AS THE THIEFS THINK THEY ARE BILLS

The reason i am saying this is that the UK post office hire contract labour and these crafty gits are nicking the birthday cards and stealing the money.

I've had loads of stuff go missing in the post from the UK. Funnily enough it always seems to happen with CDs in jiffy bags.

The only way to send anything of any value is to pay extra for Special Delivery or a courier.

I'd love to find a little 'virus' to stick on a CD and put it in the post so that when they attempt to run it on a PC it'll rip all their personal information and IP address and send it to me so I can nail the light fingered bastards!

When you sent the birthday cards did you use the coloured envelopes or plain white ones ?

What i would do is phone the post office and tell them this way even if you don't get the card back atleast they know its missing and they might log that and check up on the postie in that area.

WHEN SENDING BIRTHDAY CARDS ACROSS USE BROWN ENVELOPES AS THE THIEFS THINK THEY ARE BILLS

The problem is (in my experience) more likely to be at the UK-end. Everytime someone sent me a card with money in it whilst I was living in the UK it never arrived or arrived damaged minus the money. I also recently tried to send a letter from Poland to the IOM but it was returned 3 weeks letter with a note attached saying, in Polish, "Where is Isle of Man. Cannot find."

Archived