Train Crash At Port Soderick?

Silentbob

2 Tender, ambulance etc etc. Went to see wtf was going on, apparently the train has hit a car/van at Port Soderick Station. I might have been fed a line as I could not be bothered walking round to see for myself. All Carriages seemed to be ok and still had passengers in, 2nd engine arrived from douglas station, presumably to take the carriages back to Douglas.

"He said the train driver 'did all he could to prevent a collision, but couldn't'."

Did he try and swerve round the van?

Isle of Sodor Accident - statement from the fat controller

Thomas the tank engine hits and maims Armour the Van

Fireman sam called out with Amy the Ambulance

Budgie the little helicopter ferries injured passengers to Hospital

Bob the builder helps assess damage to the station

Postman pat is a witness and with jess the cat ( i blame him ) helps

Pc plod on the scene take statements

Hmm the excuse "i didnt see it coming - might be a bit thin this time"

Objects in your rear view mirror - may appear closer than they really are - NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Objects in your rear view mirror - may appear closer than they really are - NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realise quoting meatloaf lyrics warrants a lifetime forum ban!!

I was on the train :) We didn't feel a thing, the man in our carriage said "The train has hit a van" - I said "No way" but, it had. the train won - felt really sorry for both drivers, I bet the van driver feels 'just a little bit stupid'.

Made the mistake of getting off the train to goto Port Soderick...OMG WTF and other 3 letter things like that, that is a mess and needs sorting out.

Yeah, Port Soderick is a shambles, typically it has fallen into the hands of developers so I hear, plans were afoot for more apartments, the the grapevine reports anyway.

Oh that would be a shame, soon there will be no beaches left without "PRIVATE LAND" signs all over them. I took some comedy pictures of my little lad enjoying the paddling pool (the one full of stones), looking for the swings I promised him were at the end of the walk through the glen. Who is selling the Isle of Man to developers? I might need to start looking into these kinds of deals, there are far too many of them for my liking and Im a little bored.

Isle of Sodor Accident - statement from the fat controller

Thomas the tank engine hits and maims Armour the Van

Fireman sam called out with Amy the Ambulance

Budgie the little helicopter ferries injured passengers to Hospital

Bob the builder helps assess damage to the station

Postman pat is a witness and with jess the cat ( i blame him ) helps

Pc plod on the scene take statements

Bob the Builder-Can he fix it? No he can't!

Who is selling the Isle of Man to developers? I might need to start looking into these kinds of deals, there are far too many of them for my liking and Im a little bored.

Port Soderick promenade, the old pub and the surrounding area has been privately owned for years. The glen, car park and beach (starting from somewhere based on the tide line as per all the islands beaches) are public owed.

When complaining about developers do you think they'll make the area look worse than it has since woodford left? The sea facing area isn't a quaint tourism spot, its a disgraceful eyesore.

typically it has fallen into the hands of developers so I hear, plans were afoot for more apartments, the the grapevine reports anyway.
Link please?

Maybe we could start up a collection and buy the privatly owned area ourselves? Then what? leave as is? return to natural, or (shock horror) spend more of our own money to develop the area to gain return on our expenditure?

Archived