Is The Heron The Toughest Pub?

ourtess

It was an astonishing programme! "I f'kin hate the English, I f'kin hate the Irish, I f'kin hate the Scottish" being one memorable quote.

Wasn't there also some strange and unlikely little anecdote about the time a student/businessman/some foreign devil accidentally wandered in the pub and asked for an orange juice/baby sham/generic non-big-tough-drink? The Heron is hardly the kind of convenient middle of town pub a stranger accidentally wanders into (I could be wrong on this last one, it's been a while since I saw the programme).

For all the regulars talk of toughness, I think the Heron probably pales in comparison with the pub run by ex-paras or some of the other ones featured on the series.

it's just a pub full of the kind of ignorant wankers who proclaim to drink 24 pints in a night and be fine

idiots bragging about things not to be proud of but are probably made up anyway

I've never been in the Heron.... not really feeling the urge to break that trend either... mind you the Clarendon can't be a million miles away or the Central in Ramsey

That programme was a total stitch up.

I believe it was meant to be about 'local characters' and all they did was take the piss.

For instance they filmed lots of boarded up houses from Pulrose to make it look like the Heron was in the middle all them. The houses were all boarded up ready to be knocked down!

The Heron is a great pub, nicely decorated and the regulars there are always raising money for different charities.

Ps Rhumsaa - I am not an ''ignorant wanker'' either thanks very much!!

Ps Rhumsaa - I am not an ''ignorant wanker'' either thanks very much!!

well I never thought the heron would get wi-fi - guess I misjudged that one

I can see them all now with their laptops and fine wine then the tv crew come in and they stuff it all behind the bar order a real ale and start talking about how many fights they had

:ph34r:

Oh lord, a slanging match!!

Of course you get some idiots, like you do in many pubs! But the majority of locals that go in there are normal working people with no intention of fighting etc.

Blimey, some of us even own houses and have foreign holidays!!!! LOL

TBH i think the researcher was either a turd or they could not be arsed spending a lot of time looking into what people thought, it looks like they got in a taxi and some fool recomended the Heron.

Henry Africas in Scunthorpe or Flamingos in Woowich are rough, the heron is simply surrounded by a stigma because its on an estate with a reputation.

Archived