Is The Heron The Toughest Pub?

ourtess

Nah, its the Railway Inn union mills. Im off there tonight for a few pints, game of darts and a sing song if anyones up for it.. oh and a fight. LOL

Right then i'll give Bert a ring and tell him your up for a fight :ph34r:

Hardly a stitch up...unless the yokels were told what to say!!!

or get the more opinionated /vocal ones drunk,wound up then egg them on and edit everything of no use,it was a piss take out of the iom and upset the majority(sp :huh: )of normal people that drink there :angry: .

ps i dont drink/live anywhere near THAT place :o;)

I went to the Heron once, one the way to somewhere better, but really needed to take a dump, perfect place for it really, so had me dump (those dam pills from the 90s) felt marvo, had a game a pool with some old fella with no teeth and then downed half a pint of baileys! Oh they were the days!

Although when we walked in the Heron (4 girls) all dressed up - the men looked like they had never seen women before and just cheered us as we walked in! Nice!

The worst pub I think is the Clarendon - well it used to be when I lived there! Remember when it was called The Buzz Factory - I wonder why!!! Snorting lines of coke off the pool table was standard!

That pub in Strand Street opposite Loyds TSB cash machines always looks a bit dodge!

I dont think IOM pubs are that bad compared to some of the ones I went to once in Deal, Canterbury - proper scary BNP horrid people that just stare at you when you walk in until you just back out slowly!!

I love all the old pubs, if you like a beer and a good laugh then it has to be the rough pubs.

You never get a problem in them unless you are looking for one.

I have been in most of these so called rough places and i always have a good time.

Better than your fancy modern drink factories where you get pissed on pop and get your stomach pumped out on the way home.

in years to come they will be the in place to go when the suits get sick of drinking pimms and snorting coke. :D

Archived