Funfair

Blackajah

On the Isle of Man govt website (see link), there's a notification that the promenade walkway is to be closed for the erection (!) of the TT races funfair on 30 May. I thought the fair wasn't coming this year ?? Have I missed something?

TT funfair

On the Isle of Man govt website (see link), there's a notification that the promenade walkway is to be closed for the erection (!) of the TT races funfair on 30 May. I thought the fair wasn't coming this year ?? Have I missed something?

TT funfair

I think this is a different one - hopefully not the usual shit towed in on a rickery trailer affair

Was it not a case of

"we dont want the funfair there this year - we want more up market attractions"

then it became

"we will put the more extreme rides on the prom and think of somewhere else to put the family rides"

still not come up with anywhere to put the family rides - maybe the Castle Mona carpark or the middle floor of M and S carpark?

Bugger only knows what happened to the upmarket attractions.

My 4 year old son is really looking forward to the fun fair so if it makes him happy then I'm happy :)

its a shame because he won't be able to go on anything, its only going to be the extreme rides on the prom, and I can't imagine a 4 year old on the bungee ball....

I heard an interview on Manx Radio with Martin Brunsweiler. The presenter asked him if he was concerned about there being another beer tent at the war memorial. Martin also mentioned that there would be manufacturers stalls on the promenade.

So perhaps the normal fair that comes over isn't coming but something different is happening.

We might just have to wait and see.

its a shame because he won't be able to go on anything, its only going to be the extreme rides on the prom, and I can't imagine a 4 year old on the bungee ball....

Oh that's a shame (good job I didn't tell him about it then :))

th efun fair travellers park up their caravans in the yard car park on the new casteltown road next to the QB - the rest o fteh funfair is going in the big meadow-field opposite alongside the TT access road - didn't mention it before 'cos peeps might think it was a rumour ;)

th efun fair travellers park up their caravans in the yard car park on the new casteltown road next to the QB - the rest o fteh funfair is going in the big meadow-field opposite alongside the TT access road - didn't mention it before 'cos peeps might think it was a rumour ;)

Great idea! means all the pully chavs can go out to the fair and pop back home every half hour to check on the kids :ph34r:

Archived