Recommendations

mojomonkey

Can anyone recommend someone to do some re-pointing of a bit of brickwork on my house?

Its not a big job, just under the front bay where the old mortar has given up and is letting water in. I've considered doing it myself but I don't think I'll do a very good job. I live in Douglas.

Find out why the plaster has fallen off in the first place otherwise you could end up doing a bigger job later.

Is there a leak in the roof? A lot of plasterers will not be concerned with the cause of the plaster falling off and they will be happy to take your money to do a lovely patching job with a nice smooth finish. You will be happy for a few months, or perhaps years, until the new stuff falls off too.

Would these guys do plastering also?

I'm after someone to come and repair an area around 1m square in my attic (inclined wall) where the plaster has fallen out.

--------------------

Tech Blog - Personal Blog - Hobby Blog - ManxFriends Profile

Got a Manx website: Submit it on SearchMann

Will have a word, but you know what it's like, they don't do small jobs not enough money in it for them :(

Thanks for the advice Theo ..

I think it was caused by a leak in the roof which was repaired before we even bought the house ( almost 2 years ). When we bought the house the plaster was bubbled and looked as if it was going to fall, but thought we wouldn't bother until it actually fell out, which happened last week.

There doesn't seem to be any moisture or anything where the plaster was, and we had a roof guy up on the roof last year when a tile flew up who commented that the roof was in a pretty good condition. Do you reckon I should wait for some rain to make sure before I call anyone in ?

--------------------

Tech Blog - Personal Blog - Hobby Blog - ManxFriends Profile

Got a Manx website: Submit it on SearchMann

Archived