Poutine (manx National Dish)

cheeky boy

I have always been made to believe that Poutine was a French Canadian Dish.

I will have to look into this.

But if I were to Win the Lottery, I would Move to Isle of Mann and set up a Poutine Stand selling the various types of Poutine that is available.

There is an Italian Poutine with is made with Pizza Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese on Chips.

Then there is a Mexican Poutine with Chili Con Carne and Chedder Cheese on Chips.

I guess you could have Curry Poutine with Indian Curry on Cheese Curds on Chips.

3X3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

"The dish is thought to have originated in rural Quebec, Canada, in the late 1950s and several provincial communities claim to be the birthplace of poutine, including Drummondville (by Jean-Paul Roy in 1964)[15][16] and Victoriaville.[17] Prior to this, since 1901, the closest dish to poutine was known as "chips, cheese and gravy" and was widely available in the UK (particularly the north of England and Scotland). Some believe that the Canadian classic "poutine" was somewhat inspired by this English dish.

One often-cited tale is that of Warwick restaurateur Fernand Lachance of Le Café Ideal, who is said in 1957 to have exclaimed, "ça va faire une maudite poutine!" ("It will make a damn mess!") when asked by restaurant regular Eddy Lainesse to put a handful of cheese curds on some french fries, hence the name.[5][18] The sauce was allegedly added later, to keep the fries warm longer. Over time, the dish's popularity spread across the province (and later throughout Canada), being served in small-town restaurants and bars, as well as becoming quite popular in ski resorts and sports arenas."
It was created in Warwick Quebec by the Inspirational Whim of a Regular Customer
3X3

"In the United Kingdom and Isle of Man (particularly the north of England and Scotland), a notably similar dish is called chips, cheese and gravy.[36] That dish is common in chip shops, and other small, local fast food stores, and consists of thick-cut chips and shredded cheddar cheese (and sometimes a 50/50 mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese), topped with thick gravy. A variant is sometimes made with curry sauce instead of gravy. This dish has been available in the UK since 1901, but is considered to have "developed independently of poutine" as opposed to being the dish that inspired the Canadian classic"

Looks like you may be Right.

3X3

PS:

Shouldn't this thread be in the Food Forum? :/

• 7 years later...