Insurance

The Godfather of Manx House

I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime and he was taking to some guy from Norwich Union about Insurance. Most expensive place for insurance he said was somewhere in East London, cheapest was Douglas in the Isle of Man. Nice to know.

Seeing as we have virtually nil Car crime then it should be thus.

Even if some twat did wreck my car a few years ago.

NU were very quick to pay out, granted. Then twatted me with a huge premium hike. Even though it was accepted that I was totally blameless...

*shakes fist*

...GOMH*...

Then twatted me with a huge premium hike. Even though it was accepted that I was totally blameless...

*shakes fist*

...GOMH*...

Yeah that happened to me once!! Except I had a car stolen and then smashed up by the thieves when they got bored of it. The car was recovered and written off and my premium increased as a result. Thanks a bundle Mr Insurance Company!

*also shakes fist*

My insurance story for the week:

My household insurance comes up for renewal on 1st October. Got a letter from my local broker, who place my insurance through a local insurance company. Renewal premium is £658.90, and the broker said "Having compared your renewal against othe Companies, we find that your existing Insurer remains competitive."

I suspect that they're lying, as 2 minutes on the direct line website got me a quote of £222.00, so they can kiss their inflated commission goodbye.

Past three years I have been with a local company for my car insurance, as the premium they were offering was pretty much the same as the cheapest I could find on internet. This year, even though the premium hasn't increased any, I have manged to find a a quote on internet which is £100 cheaper. Needless to say I will be changing companies again this year - in the current climate you have got to save money where ever you can.

My insurance story for the week:

My household insurance comes up for renewal on 1st October. Got a letter from my local broker, who place my insurance through a local insurance company. Renewal premium is £658.90, and the broker said "Having compared your renewal against othe Companies, we find that your existing Insurer remains competitive."

I suspect that they're lying, as 2 minutes on the direct line website got me a quote of £222.00, so they can kiss their inflated commission goodbye.

If you spent another 5 -10 mins on the internet you will probably find an even cheaper quote. Be aware, though ,that a lot of these companies offer 10 -20% discount for buying on the internet and for your 1st year. You may find quite a leap in the cost of the premium in the second year, for house insurance anyway.

It is always worth shopping around for any type of insurance, you can pretty much always find a cheaper quote. I know sometimes you can't be arsed, but it is worth it if you can save money.

Archived